A couple weeks ago, TJ and I were discussing future plans for this year--one of them being the boys' birthdays--and the kids happened to overhear. Well, once Nathan saw Trever's excitement for his upcoming birthday, he just couldn't let it go. For a straight week, Nathan CONSTANTLY begged me, "I want my birthday. I want my birthday." And by Monday, I'd had enough. So we threw an UnBirthday party for our little Nathan.
(Note: only 2.5 candles on the cake. haha)
Trever was so enthusiastic about throwing a party for Nathan, too. All day, he was so sweet to Nathan and kept telling him "Happy Birthday!" He also helped bake the cake, plan the games, and blow out the candles.
Nathan was as happy as could be!
We picked up a few small gifts from the dollar store to make sure Nathan was thoroughly convinced that this was in fact his birthday.
Trever helped pick out most of the gifts.Clever little guy.
haha. Nathan actually tossed this doll into the cart when we were getting gifts. He's always had a soft spot for babies, and spent the rest of the night carrying it around. (I'm sure someday he's going to be very upset that I posted this photo, but it's just so CUTE!)And, what better way to end the day than with a paddle ball tournament?
The party was a success....Nathan felt like an prince and I haven't been bothered about birthdays since. Boy, will he be in for a treat in a few months--two birthdays in one year! haha
~
Now, on to the Car Race!!!!
Now, on to the Car Race!!!!
TJ is a Scout Master, so Trever has been joining him at the Cub Scout meetings. Lately, they've been working up to today's big event: The Pinewood Derby!!!!
Trever, our car lover, has been anxiously waiting for this day for weeks!!! He and TJ made cars of their own to enter into the "Outlaw's" division of the race.
I thought Nathan would be bored out of his mind. But he was just as excited as Trever to watch the cars race down the track.For the duration of the races, Nathan watched eagerly and yelled "Ready,Get Set, Goooooo" in time with the announcer. He made me laugh every time.
Two happy boys.
After an hour of racing, there was a break for refreshments. Trever decided to stand in line all by himself, which really opened my eyes to the fact that my baby boy is growing up.
I wondered what he would choose out of the large buffet, but he came back with a simple plate of a water, string cheese, and a doughnut, informing me that his doughnut would be his dessert. This is probably a really boring detail to you all, but to me, it was the cutest thing ever.
Nathan is holding TJ's car, which won one of the races--Yay, TJ!!!!
Trever won FIRST PLACE in his division and was one proud boy!
Two happy boys.
After an hour of racing, there was a break for refreshments. Trever decided to stand in line all by himself, which really opened my eyes to the fact that my baby boy is growing up.
I wondered what he would choose out of the large buffet, but he came back with a simple plate of a water, string cheese, and a doughnut, informing me that his doughnut would be his dessert. This is probably a really boring detail to you all, but to me, it was the cutest thing ever.
Nathan is holding TJ's car, which won one of the races--Yay, TJ!!!!
And this is Trever's pride and joy. He painted it red all by himself, and then asked me to detail it into looking like none-other-than "Lightning McQueen!" His favorite car!
TJ made sure that Trever's car would FLY down the track--and it did! Race after race!
Trever won FIRST PLACE in his division and was one proud boy!
And Lightning McQueen ran a great race!
6 comments:
Way to go Pine Wood Derby winners! :) I am so glad your boys had so much fun! And the "un-birthday" was a stroke of genius! It makes me want to do that just for kicks one day too. :)
Your boys are so cute! I love the unbirthday idea.
That is the happiest "unbirthday" boy I've ever seen! Love the doll and love Mcqueen--way to go, mom-that car rocks!
I have actually thrown Ayden an unbirthday before. Its amazing what we will do to make the begging stop! I love the car!! Did you make that?
That is so funny, because last week Annalise was telling everyone it was her birthday, and then she started saying happy birthday to me all through out the day. After 20 different versions of the Happy Birthday Song she eventually got over it. You can't blame them though, birthdays are exciting!
That car is so great! You guys are talented. I love all your posts. Miss you guys and hope to catch up with you one of these days.
Post a Comment