Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fresh Air

The snow has been melting away as quickly as it came. As Trever sadly observed, "There's only enough snow for the ants to play in now." But once the temperature warmed up to a lovely 44 degrees by Thursday, Trever was no longer sad to see the snow gone. Instead, he suggested that we go to the park. So that's just what we did...
This was our first spring trip to the playground, so I wasn't surprised to see how incredibly excited they were when we got there. They ran and played as hard and as long as they could.

On the swings they squealed and giggled with delight, begging me to push them 'higher! higher!'
I love moments like this, when I can really feel just how happy the kids are to be doing something that they love so much---it brings me such joy and a sense of youthfulness that is so energizing!

By Saturday, the weather was even a bit nicer, so TJ took us to one of our favorite little nature parks just outside of town. The boys started out throwing rocks into the river, but soon converted over to stick collecting.
As we strolled along the path, Trever and Nathan stopped to poke their sticks in melting snow banks or muddy puddles, and were constantly 'upgrading' whenever a better stick came along. They were getting pretty muddy pretty fast, though, so TJ and I suggested that we visit one of their other favorite playgrounds.....

The boys thought that was a great idea and spent the rest of the afternoon climbing up the jungle gym and sliding down the tube slide:
We had a very refreshing weekend, to say the least.
~
And while we weren't enjoying the outdoors, we were up to all sorts of fun projects, like these little drawings.
(~colored by Trever~)
Trever & Nathan's 'Maunya' sent them some great little horse stickers. So Trever thought it would be fun to draw farm pictures to place the stickers on. I sketched a couple quick farm scenes and then let the boys color away.
(~colored by Nathan~)
I feel so blessed to have such fun little friends to play with every day. They make me feel so young and excited about all the simple things that make life so wonderful and magical and truly a gift.

No comments: