Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Operation Snowflake

We're finally getting a bit of snow, here in Philly. We've had a fairly dry winter with the exception of a few snowfalls back in December. But, Saturday morning, we awoke to 2 feet of snow that just dumped from the sky overnight. Our boys were overjoyed!
As soon as they finished their breakfast, TJ and the boys were busy dressing in their winter-best. Then, they were out the door, diving into the snow...literally. I had decided to stay in our warm home, but TJ convinced me to come outside and take some pictures.
It was still snowing and blowing, though, and the boys were realizing that the 'fun' snow was REALLY, REALLY COLD! (As this pictures clearly shows. haha) But even still, Nathan was the only boy who came back inside. What's a typical snowy winter to TJ and I (the Idaho natives) is a huge deal here in Philly. Doctor's close their offices, schools are canceled, stores are closed, and even church was canceled. Everywhere we go, the people here say how crazy it is to be getting snow like this. And on the radio today, the DJ had titled our recent snow activity (with more to come) as "Operation Snowflake." --which I thought was hilarious! What's an ordinary event in Idaho is apparently an extraordinary event in Philadelphia.

4 comments:

Blair and Angela Jolley said...

I can't believe people complain about snow in Philly. I think the snow makes everything look prettier and not as dull and depressing.

Anonymous said...

brrrrr...i'm getting cold just looking at the pictures! this snowstorm has been crazy (especially if you're from the desert!)

Patty Sampson said...

Ha, ha! It makes me laugh that you call this a "bit of snow" when the weather guy says this is the most snow Philly has seen in recorded history! Ha! It is all about perspective, isn't it. Glad you are enjoying the snow. I am so excited for Carter to be old enough to play in it.

The Roses said...

We just got this too but I think you got it twice. Have fun, it melts fast here.