Saturday, February 6, 2010

Football Treats

I came across this football treats recipe one morning, while eating our usual cereal for breakfast, and I knew that my kids would LOVE it. Trever always helps me cook in the kitchen, while we tend to keep Nathan's busy body otherwise occupied. But I knew that Nathan would love to be involved with making these footballs, since he's such a huge fan of the sport, so I decided to have him join us. He actually surprised me by how well he tried to help--but he couldn't resist taking a few 'samples.' haha. We had as much fun making them as we did eating them, so I thought I'd share the recipe:
Well, actually, I don't know how visible that recipe is, so here it is again:

INGREDIENTS:
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 (10 oz.) pkg. regular marshmallows OR 4 c. mini
marshmallows
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
6 c. Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal
Canned frosting or decorating gel
~
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
2. Add Cocoa Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into sixteen 3-inch footballs.
4. Decorate with white frosting. Best if served the same day.
Enjoy!

No comments: