Trever has been making me laugh a lot, lately, so I decided I better write down some of his recent one-liners to share with you all:
"You're right, Mom, having a baby brother is fun!"
"Mom, my legs are tired and the waterfall in the back of my throat is almost empty."
"I don't like girls on movies or in pictures. I only like girls in real life."
"Mom, I'm going to pretend I'm asleep. And I'm going to pretend I didn't tell you that."
"Mom, you're a good chef!"
"Hmm, my hair doesn't look natural--I want a shark fin!"
I guess I also better mention what my boys did to my carpet on Wednesday.... I left the room for 5 minutes, 5 minutes!, and came back to the sight of two boys, wet from head to toe, rolling and sliding in a puddle on my living room carpet, with an empty milk carton tossed to the side. Yes, they poured nearly a full gallon of milk on the carpet! After I started breathing again, I ended up soaking three towels with milk, and using 1/2 a bottle of carpet cleaner to clean it up. But it wasn't enough, so my wonderful friend Griselle loaned me her carpet shampoo-er. That helped greatly. But the stench of sour milk was still looming in the air this morning, so after trying every cleaner I could think of (even lemons, Mom ;), I resorted to the good old fashioned bleach. Finally, the smell is gone!!! Of course, the carpet has a lighter tint now, but the smell is gone!! So my advice to you all is: never underestimate what your children can accomplish in 5 short minutes, and when all else fails, use bleach! ha ha ha
5 comments:
Cute Trevor-isms. Yuck about the milk! I'm glad you were able to finally get rid of the smell. It's amazing what kids can do in a matter of minutes, make that seconds. :)
Ha, ha!! I love that last line. :) And I like how you mentioned you stopped breathing. I would too! I did a little research at one time to get rid of that smell from our trunk when I got milk with the groceries and forgot it for a week. Yuck! Anyway, for us Febreeze worked. I had to pour a whole bottle of it on the spot, and it reeked for a week. But it was better than rotten milk. :) So incase (heaven forbid) this happens again, you have a second option. :)
Ha! Ok so that is the first time I have heard of this happening! Oh man I bet your heart dropped seeing that... your kids have a great imagination. I wonder if that oxyclean stuff would have worked... hmmm?
I'm sooooo sorry about the huge mess you had to clean up, however, I must confess I LOVE reading all the funny things your boys do on your blog!!! They sure make me laugh!!! Boys will be boys.
Isn't funny how they can be so cute and such a handful at the same time....I am glad you finally had some luck cleaning up the milk....I am going to have to try that in Kevins car (where we have some spilled milk....yuck)
Post a Comment