First, a long-awaited trip to the beach:
We spend the whole day splashing in the water, digging in the sand, and soaking up the sun!
We ended the evening with a bang, too: fireworks!
And an occasional break to hunt for firefly's:
On the Fourth of July, we drove into the countryside to a little town called Skippack and watched their heartwarming parade...
There was plenty of candy tossed to the boys, and a colorful marching band,
bright red fire engines, and plenty more floats to excite the kids.
Skippack was such a charming little town, full of friendly people and a festive atmosphere that reminded me of the town I grew up in. After our parade trip, we spent a quiet afternoon at home and then took the boys to a playground in Bensalem at dusk to watch fireworks light up the sky.
It was a lovely weekend, full of fun and laughter and quality family time that we sincerely needed. I couldn't ask for more!
10 comments:
What a great weekend and great photos to share it. You are a very good photographer! I love the boys 4th of july shirts... did they make those themselves? What beach did you guys go to?
I am itching to go to the beach. It's been far too long. That really is a great family photo.
Looks like you guys had a pleasant weekend! I'm so happy that you guys were able to spend some relaxing time together. We will have to get a group and go to the beach! Weston would love to go with his friends.
I love your family photo, Shilowe. It came out great. Glad you guys had such a great time at the beach...oops...I mean the shore! I love the boys flag t-shirts. Did they make them? You are very creative.
Hey-
I'm glad that you guys had fun!
I love the pictures you took in sepia they are so classic looking. I'm glad that you got to go out to he beach-it's one of my favorite places to go visit.
If only the Molen's looked as nice going to the beach. You look amazing! And that snapshot looks like you could have paid hundreds! Can you put my camera on a cooler? You seem to have good luck with pictures......na, it's just good luck with good looks! I miss you Shilowe!
I am so happy for you! Having TJ back is the greatest thing ever! And the beach pictures are amazing! I love how you got such creative pictures. You have a talent! And you are a beautiful family! I think you should frame that shot you got from the cooler. :)
The shirts your boys are wearing are so cute! I LOVE the family picture at the top! I'd love to have a family picture turn out that great.
The beach looks like so much fun! I the family picture, you have a beautiful family! And the parade... I miss Fourth of July parades. That is a big tradition where I grew up but I don't think I've been to one since I left.
Post a Comment