Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Here are Trever & Nathan's annual photos. The photographer took Nathan's picture closer-up than she did with Trever's, but other than that, I love how they turned out.

It was a good thing that I got to pick up these pictures yesterday, because it was just the reminder that I needed to see how sweet they really are, after having such a difficult day with them...............


So here was my morning yesterday....15 minutes before I had a meeting for my new church calling in the Young Women's organization, I needed to get dressed and fix my makeup, so I went into my bathroom, as usual. A few minutes later, Nathan came in, too, with something in his mouth and a very guilty look on his face. It was his hearing aid! He had taken it off the band and was chewing on it. I was so surprised and frustrated that he did that because we just got it back from repair less than 2 weeks ago, for the same reason! So I immediately tried to dry it off with my blow dryer, in which time Nathan decided to climb INTO the toilet and splash around like he was in a miniature swimming pool. So I put his hearing aid down, and put Nathan in the shower to wash him off. I get him dried and dressed and return to the project at hand, and the next thing I see is my little Nathan pouring a can of Sprite all over the computer desk! Meanwhile, Trever was in the living room spreading every toy he owns across the entire floor, and Nathan walks in and the two start fighting like crazy people. Needless to say, I was late for my meeting and Nathan threw tantrums for the bulk of the time there. And that all happened before noon! As soon as we got home, I plopped down on the couch in utter exhaustion, frustration, and embarrassment. Later that day, I dropped off Nathan's hearing aid which didn't survive my desperate attempts to rescue it, and then I picked up their photos. ~sigh~ As soon as I looked at their sparkling eyes and angelic smiles, all the stress of my day washed away, and I remembered just how much I love them. They fill my heart with so much joy and I know I am richly blessed to have them in my life. So, despite everything, they're not for sale! ha ha ha

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl they are so funny! You can't help but laugh......

The Schexnayders said...

Those photos turned out great! They do have cute smiles. Dont ever be embarrassed about having a "bad" day. If someone has a child they have had many bad days themselves.

Patty Sampson said...

Holy COW!! You are one composed lady. I had no idea you were having a bad day at the meeting. You were your sweet and considerate self. :) I agree with Charisse, you don't have anything to be embarrassed about. I can't tell you how many times my day doesn't go as planned. But the triumph of Motherhood is to roll with the punches, and for that you should be proud of yourself. :)

Lindsay said...

Shilowe, you are amazing, what a day! Don't be embarrassed at all, I didn't even notice your boys over my own daughter's screaming :) You are a wonderful mother, one of the most patient people I know! Those pictures are precious!

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm sorry that your day was not as pleasant as you would have wanted. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at the picture created in my mind with Nathan in the toilet splashing around! I hope that in a day or two you'll be able to laugh too. ;) Okay, I'm still laughing. Isn't that one of the greatest blessings with children? They can aggravate you to now end, and then all of a sudden you realize how much you love them and you can't help but love everything about them again.

Donna said...

Welcome to Motherhood! No matter how stressful it get; It's the greatest joy! Enjoy your boys :)

Sierra Parke said...

Shilowe you are so sweet. Don't be embarrassed at all about your boys. I thought they were just fine!!! I really mean that. Didn't you hear Tennyson's tantrum while you were over. He was only in his room screaming for about 20 minutes!!! You are a great mom--I wish I were as patient as you are. I love your boys. They are the greatest and their pictures came out so cute.

emily a. said...

Sierra told me I needed to read about that morning. I can only imagine....