
It's been very rewarding to hear Nathan's vocabulary as it is gradually growing. He has a speech therapist that visits every week to help him develop his listening and verbal skill and we are noticing constant improvement. The most exciting thing I've heard him say recently is "Ssssssss," because his Audiologist was concerned that he wasn't able to even hear the "S" sound. So, him, actually producing the sound was a big deal for us. A few days ago, he also started saying "peek" when we play Peek-a-Boo--it's the first time he has made the "Eee" sound. So that was also very encouraging. I am so grateful for the technology available these days! With his hearing aid, he has a very good opportunity to learn to speak and communicate and ultimately gain an education when he starts school.
It's been a great learning experience for me to watch Nathan adapt to the challenge he's been given in such a way that it doesn't even appear to be a challenge at all. I know he will continue to teach me by his example throughout his life and I am so grateful to be a part of that. So, here is a list of the words he can say now:
Hi, Bye-Bye, Ball, Baby, Trever, More, Peek, Uh-Oh, Beep-beep, Home, Moo, Sss, Book, Bird, Boo-yah!
12 comments:
Nathan is an inspiration to us all. I am so happy for him and you guys!
Nathan is so dang cute! He really is an amazing kid. He can even say more words than my nephew who is older than him. Keep it up Nathan!
Congrats. I am so happy for you. Nathan is truly a gift from God and a testimony.
That really is amazing! Good for Nathan! Love that picture of him!
We love it that Nathan can talk as well as he can. He is such a little cutie and we love both of the boys to pieces. Nathan really is an amazing little guy. Hang in there Nathan.
He is so cute! What a sweetie.
That is so awesome!!! I know it is a struggle for you guys everyday, but to the rest of us Nathan is like any other Toddler his age,cute.. curious..and learning everyday!
Chandler was just saying the other day that he wished you guys lived closer and how adorable you kids are. How are you guys? That is so great about Nathan, technology certainly is a wonderful thing! We hope you guys are doing good.
Way to go little man! Maybe he should come over and work with Shaylynn. I think he'll pass her up soon, and he's almost two years younger! :)
Hi Shi,
I'm so glad that Nathan is getting better. As a mom who also has a child with disabilities, I completely understand what you are going through. Dashyne can only say one or two words.
Keep up the good work!
I love that picture of Nathan... he has such roly, poly cheecks and dimples! I know that all these miracles have been answers to your prayers as a mother. I don't even begin to know how it must have been in the beginning, but I am truly impressed with the outcome!
That is amazing! At Madison Brown's birthday party I got to hear Nathan say "Boo-yah", then he gave me knuckles, it was the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Post a Comment