Friday, October 10, 2008

GRANDMA & GRANDPA'S VISIT


Last Weekend...
Grandma Marlene and Grandpa Chad came to visit! Trever was ecstatic!
He got the first hugs because Nathan was sleeping when they arrived.



We had a lot of fun. One day, we drove out to Buck's County and had a picnic.



Then, we visited Peddler's Village and enjoyed the Scarecrow Festival.
It was fun to see all the different Scarecrow's that people had created. Trever fell asleep before he got a chance to see the "Horton" Scarecrow, so I took a picture for him.




On another day, we visited Styer's Orchard. We went on a hayride out to pick apples and pumpkins in the field. Nathan thought the apples were balls so he spent half the time picking up apples and throwing them, while we gleaned the trees. But soon enough, he discovered that the "balls" were edible, so I had to keep a closer eye on what he was up to.
Both the boys LOVED the open space to run and get dirty in. I had forgotten how much I love the peacefulness of the country. It really made me homesick for the fresh air and the wide-open spaces.


We did a lot of other fun stuff, too. But, all too soon, Grandma and Grandpa had to go home.
Thanks for coming, Mom & Dad!

5 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

Having family visit is such a blast! I'm glad your parents were able to come into town for little while. Are you going home for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Hi Shilowe,

It was nice to meet your parents. They are so cool! They should come down more often.

I'm glad you guys had fun!!!

Suzette said...

There is no way that is Nathan. He looks so big. I bet you were so glad to see your parents. I'm sure it's hard to be that far away from family. I hope you know we think about you everyday, though. Give those darling boys a big hug and kiss from Aunt Suzie.

Britnee said...

Don't you love these orchards?!? We have a lot of them here in Virginia,too. We have one where we go to pick peaches, apples, pumpkins...all sorts of stuff. I don't remember having any of them in Idaho.

Sierra Parke said...

I love your updated blog design. Sounds like you guys had a great time with your mom and dad. We'll have to check out Peddler's village sometime too. It's gotta be great if they have a bunch of stores to shop in!!!