We all had a great time, but I don't think anyone enjoyed it as much as Nathan. He is a die-hard animal lover! He just couldn't get enough of it all!
On Saturday, Mom, Kye and I took the "China Bus" to Manhattan. It was our first time to visit the city and we had a blast! (Thanks to my cousin Kim and her husband Mark for escorting us!)
Outside, there was music, too, from street musicians like this guy.
But the highlight of the trip was seeing "WICKED" on Broadway! Of course, the play was sold out, so we entered the "Lottery," which starts at 11:30 a.m. and everyone writes their name on a card. Then, at 12 p.m., all the cards are placed in a hat and 26 names are randomly drawn. If your name is drawn, you get a FRONT ROW ticket for $26!!!!!!!!! for you and another $26 ticket for one guest.
AND MY NAME WAS DRAWN!!
So I took my sister and watched the most amazing production that I've ever seen! It was flawlessly perfect and incredibly sensational!
TJ was a saint to stay home with the boys and let us have our day in the big city. We also took Mom and Kye to the mall for a day of shopping. TJ and the boys were great sports then, also!
We saw as much as we could of the city, but it was SO cold.
To end our trip to the city, we went to Dana's house for dinner. And it was DELISH! She cooked fried chicken, baked mac & cheese, collard greens, and sweet potato pie. YUMMY!!!! Thanks Dana!
4 comments:
I think I need to come visit you! You know how to plan an amazing trip. It looks like you were able to pack a lot in. I'm so glad you got to see "Wicked". Wasn't it awesome? I loved it!
I loved meeting your mom and sister while they were here Shilowe. I can't get over how much you all look alike...you are all so gorgeous! Sounds like you had a wonderful time together. Oh-and I am so jealous you saw Wicked on Broadway!!!!!!!!
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun....aren't those lottery tickets awesome...that is how I saw rent on broadway!
Hi Shi,
I love you mom and Kye!!!!!!!!!!
We had fun. The boys had a great time too!!!!
Post a Comment