Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SALAD BOY

This Afternoon, I was in the other room, putting Nathan down for his nap. And when I returned to the living room, I was completely shocked! Trever was sitting on the couch with a plate of salad and a look on his face like a deer caught in the headlights! "What are you doing here?" he nervously asked. And I just burst out laughing! Had he been sitting there with a carton of ice cream, I may have reacted differently. But it was just so funny to see him behave so guilty over sneeking a plate of salad!

This is the next thing I saw: his abandoned stick horse, a bag of salad, a bottle of dressing, a chair to climb over the safety gait, and the step stool on the other side to get back over with his spoils. He's officially learned how to "beat the system!"

9 comments:

Amy said...

That is so funny! I never would have guessed a salad. He is such a cute boy! I hope it's awhile until Kyrie figures out how to get over the gate. Good luck in the future.

Doug and Mallena said...

That is so cute! I'm impressed with his desire for a salad. You've taught him well.

Sierra Parke said...

How funny!!! What a clever little guy. Now I just need Trever to come over here and convince Tennyson that eating vegetables are yummy and good for you. What are your secrets...your boys eat such healthy snacks!?

Elaine said...

I just have to add that that is so cute. Who doesn't like salad with ranch dressing?!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!!!!!!

At least he's eating his veggies!

Girl, this is what motherhood is about! One time I was chillin in the house and I saw this red little lint balls all over the house. I asked Danaja what it was and she said that she didn't know. So a whole week went by and every day I was cleaning up these red "lint balls" I was fuming at that point. So I decided to clean Danaja's room and what did I find........ her strawberry shortcake doll was hairless! No red string or "lint balls" on her head. That's right, Danaja had been cutting her doll's hair off for a whole week! When I saw the doll, all I could do was laugh.

Your boys are so sweet!

Bonnie said...

Bless you in your endeavors to keep them out of the kitchen. We succumed to our toddlers gate skills months ago and have been regretting it every day since! :) Toddlers are so cute and they say the silliest things.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

How cute is that, I think he needs to come over and show Annalise how to eat her veggies!

Rachel said...

Thanks for having us over last night. It was wonderful to see you and your cute family and dinner was delicious.

Patty Sampson said...

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome! And I am super impressed that he decided to get the salad instead of cookies or treats. You have a healthy eater in your little boy. Way to go!