We stopped after almost an hour of walking and sat on a log to share a picnic lunch. The sun was bright, so I didn't get the best picture of the boys here, but you can see some of the new green forest floor popping up.
Nathan was fascinated with the new environment and was running around, picking up rocks and sticks and sticking his fingers in the mud. But Trever was a lot more concerned about Nathan running off a cliff or into the nearby river. TJ and I were surprised that Trever reacted with so much caution. We decided we need to get these boys out in the backwoods a whole lot more so they don't turn into 'city slickers.' ha ha
This is pretty much the same concerned expression that Trever had throughout the walk. He was excited to find these wildflowers, though, and when we were leaving, he said he had a really fun time.
TJ and I had a really nice time, too. It reminded us both of our past hiking and camping trips in Idaho. And while it made us both a little home sick, it was nice to know that this park is close enough for us to enjoy for now.
4 comments:
What fun. I took a looonnnggg walk with Tennyson today too. It was so beautiful out. We hunted for sticks and had lots of fun dragging them in the mud. I love how concerned Trever was about Nathan. He is such a good brother.
Hey! I didnt know you had a blog as well. I love walking through pennypack... how fun!
I miss having somewhere so close to walk to. Pennypack Park is so beautiful and it's such a nice escape from the city. I'm glad you had a day nice enough to enjoy it.
You guys are so sweet.
Um- Trev is becoming quite the man.
Nathan will always be a nature boy. I'm glad that you guys had fun.
Post a Comment