Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bubble Pizza

Our boys love to help me cook, but not all recipes are kid-friendly, so when I came upon this recipe for Bubble Pizza, I was excited to have the boys join me in making it.
The Ingredients are simple:

2 (12 oz. ea.) Pkgs. Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuit Dough
1 (14 oz.) Jar/Can of Pizza Sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Toppings:
1 (10 oz.) can Sliced Black Olives
1 (4.5 oz.) can Sliced Mushrooms
1/4 pound Sliced Pepperoni
(Or Whatever Toppings You Choose)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. Cut biscuits into quarters, and place in the bottom of baking dish.
4. Spread Pizza Sauce evenly over dough.
5. Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese over sauce.
6. Add Toppings.
7. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Sprinkle top with the remaining Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheeses.
9. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
The boys were so eager to dig in that we didn't quite make the whole 10 minutes of letting it "stand," before we were dishing up our plates.
It was as fun to make as it was yummy to eat!
Don't ya just love kid-friendly meals?!
P.S. This recipe made a super "deep-dish" crust. I personally thought it was a little too deep, though, so next time I'm only using one can of the Buttermilk Biscuit Dough and I'll smash it down flatter.
But, all in all, it really was DELISH'!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love how you create the happenings, I felt like I was there. You are such a great mom. These boys will be wonderful husbands someday.