Winters in Idaho are looooong. We've had a thick blanket of snow on the ground since the first of November---that's four months, so far. And here we are in March, with not a patch of grass to be seen for miles. I'm not complaining, though.
How can I when I step out my front door and see this view every day?.....
Isn't it so serene?
I love how snow makes the land look so pretty and peaceful.
And, since spring is still a far reach from here, I try to get out and enjoy the winter landscape as much as possible.
Sunny days always get me excited to bundle up the boys and go for a winter walk. This is the ever-so familiar road that I've traveled a thousand times, since I was a kid. I love sharing my childhood pastimes with my own kids.
We brought along Lucy, too. She loves taking walks, even in the winter. As soon as I tell her that we're going on a walk, she jumps up and down and runs around in circles by the door. Then she darts outside when I open the door and runs and runs until her little paws get too cold. Then, she begs me to carry her home, and I don't mind cuz she's just so cute!
But this time, she found a little friend while she was still running. I saw her run up ahead and stop to smell something on the ground and when I looked closer, I saw a little brown mouse jumping up and down as she followed it across the road. But the banks on the sides of the road were too steep and it couldn't climb up before we had it cornered. So I zoomed in with my camera and got this close-up, but I really didn't get that close. It was so fun to watch it though, because the brave little thing faced us head on and started jumping at us, too. I'm sure it was trying to scare us away, and it worked, cuz every time it got too close, I screamed. It made for a fun little side show on our walk. hahaha
~
Back to the boys....
I always bring our green sled, since Nathan can't quite keep up with his short little legs all bunched up in his fluffy snow pants. He'll walk part way and then ask to sit in the sled. Trever usually walks the whole way, though. He likes to run up ahead and look for good snowballs to playfully throw back and forth with us. But I asked him to come stand by his brother so I could get a picture of the two of them together. Just look at that boy (Trever)! He's got all these 'cool' new moves he's pulling all the time now....It makes me laugh but also wonder where this new attitude is coming from.
Our walk always leads us to the old canal. I spent so many of my childhood days playing here. In the summer, it's filled with water, of course, and my siblings and friends and I would go swimming here every day.
The boys have really enjoyed playing here, this winter. With so much snow, it makes for soft landings when they get the urge to jump. They climb and jump and just goof around for as long as I'll let them. (Here's another one of Trever's new moves. haha)
After they've got their fill of snow play, and I've got my fill of fresh air, we head on home.
~
And later in the evening, we enjoy another beautiful sunset....









4 comments:
ha ha ha... "trevor's cool new moves". Jaydon will just go "mommy look at me. look at how cool i am right now" and i will turn around and he will be in a funny pose trying to be "cool" now i know where he got that from. :) my favorite is he will have his arms crossed on his chest and his head turned to the side and he is making a tough face. lol
You've captured some amazing photos of Idaho. I miss it so much! However; Washington is pretty as well. It just doesn't have the family that Idaho has. ;)
Funny, Tennyson has been busting out some new moves lately too! I've been just as puzzled where they are coming from. He also likes to randomly start rapping which is funny because I don't think he has ever heard a rap song on the radio--at least not in our house! Aren't the boys at such a fun age right now. I love it. Idaho is such a beautiful place. I can see why you love it so much.
I love Trever's new moves. Tennyson has been busting out some new moves too lately. These pictures of your hometown are gorgeous.
Post a Comment