Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sweaters For Spring

One of the greatest blessings in life is to be surrounded by loving grandparents. And Trever and Nathan are definitely recipients of that wonderful blessing. Recently, their Great-Grandma Plocher knitted them each a new sweater jacket for Spring.
 Since Spring is still a little chilly here in Idaho, the boys will get a lot of use out of their new sweaters. As soon as the sweaters came in the mail, both boys were eager to put them on and go outside to play. And I, of course, had to get a few pictures. 

The boys wanted to go for a bike ride in their new sweaters, so TJ and I walked along with them. They're getting faster by the day, though and we realized that pretty soon we'll need to get our own bikes just to keep up with them.
 These sweaters are a treasure! Not many things we wear are made with so much love and beautiful craftsmanship, just waiting to be worn and filled with many happy memories. 
I remember when Grandma made similar sweaters for me and my siblings when we were young. It brings back so many fun memories and I hope that my boys will make many fun memories while wearing their hand-made sweaters, too.
Thank you, Grandma!
We love you!

No comments: