Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Palisades Creek

My favorite place in all of Idaho is the lovely Palisades. My dad's parents live there and last weekend, we joined my family for a visit to Grandma & Grandpa's mountain valley home.

The Autumn colors were turning so we decided to enjoy the scenery by taking a hike up Palisades Creek.

Nathan mixed up the pace by walking part-time and taking a ride on my dad's shoulders part-time.
Trever absolutely adores my baby sister KyeLeah and hiked up the entire trail by her side.
We hiked for about a mile past monstrous rocky mountainsides, red and yellow-leafed trees, and the crystal clear waters of the swift running creek.
~
In our company, were my parents, my siblings with their children, and my uncle and his family. We joked and laughed, stopped for photos, threw rocks in the water, and waited for wandering kids to catch up. What more can you ask for in a family hike?
Here, my brother-in-law waits with his darling daughter Ave for the rest of us to catch up.
I just couldn't help but be distracted by our wondrous surroundings.

Mom and Kye were gracious to let me take their picture, as well.

So I started taking pictures of everyone else, including my cute cousins,
my brother with his beautiful wife and adorable daughter,
and of course, I had to take pictures of my two favorite little boys in the whole wide world!
~
The weather has been beautiful and I'm so grateful we made the trip to Palisades and enjoyed a little taste of Mother Nature's autumn masterpiece. The boys just love the mountains and the all the adventures they bring; and it's so wonderful that we get to share these times with my family that I love so dearly.

No comments: