I know two weeks is still a long wait between blog posts, and I apologize. But in my defense, I tried to post last week, but ran into technical difficulties that I finally just now resolved. So, here's a little recap of the past couple weeks:
We try to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible in the summer here, because winters last so long. One day, my mom and I took the boys up to visit my dad where he was working on-site.
He's a skilled Timber Frame carpenter and contractor and I love to go see his work. The home he's working on right now is tucked up in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, past a place known to the locals as Warm River.
Here's another view of Dad's fine craftsmanship. The boys thought it was great to see what Grandpa Chad does during the day.
Afterwards, we stopped at Warm River to feed the fish. The boys thought that was great!
I just love the scenery!
Something else we've been busy doing is going on 4-wheeling trips with TJ's parents:
Trever and Nathan are CRAZY about four-wheeling!
TJ got to join us on this trip, which made it extra fun for all of us.
We rode all the way to the top of the oh-so rocky mountains where we could look out for miles and miles.
It was a long ride and before we were half-way back down the mountain, Nathan fell asleep on Grandpa M's four-wheeler.
Trever fell asleep close after.The boys have also been doing a lot of horseback riding at my parents' place.
While Nathan rides,
Last of all, I had to post a couple pictures of Trever's first day of school. Here he is waiting for the bus to pick him up in the morning. Luckily, I got to ride with him and join him for his first day of school.....otherwise, I know I would have fallen apart!
He was SO excited! And I felt so much better about sending my little guy off on his own, after I got to see where he'd be during the day and what he'd be up to.
While Nathan rides,We usually use my mom's camera when the boys are on the horses, so I don't have a picture of Trever riding, yet, but I'll be sure to post one next time they "cowboy up."
~
Last of all, I had to post a couple pictures of Trever's first day of school. Here he is waiting for the bus to pick him up in the morning. Luckily, I got to ride with him and join him for his first day of school.....otherwise, I know I would have fallen apart!
He was SO excited! And I felt so much better about sending my little guy off on his own, after I got to see where he'd be during the day and what he'd be up to. ~
It seems like he grew up all at once, and now he's off to school.....which makes me feel so grateful that I got to teach him preschool at home and have that extra time with him. He's such a fantastic kid and I can't help but think that his teacher is so lucky to have him in her class. Every day he shows me what he's done at school and I am always so impressed and proud of him! I just love my little Trever!


3 comments:
Shilow.. we have so much in common! Aydens Papa's (my dad) is name Chad and he is a builder as well! Crazy! It looks like you guys are having fun with family. I cant believe Trever is in school!
Wow, Shilowe! How beautiful!!! So glad to hear you are settled in Idaho, it looks like your boys are in heaven! That four-wheeling looks like so much fun! I cannot believe Trever is going to school already, your boys are getting so big!
Idaho looks so beautiful! And I love those pics of the boys riding horses. Trever looks so cute waiting for his turn. We miss you guys but I am so glad you guys are having fun spending time with family.
Post a Comment