A.C. :
A couple weeks ago, TJ and I were talking about places we'd like to visit before we move; and when we asked Trever where he'd like to go, the only place he wanted to go was to see a real lighthouse.
So, Memorial Day worked out to be the perfect day to visit Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City (A.C.)....
I just love these vintage postcards!
After an hour-n'-a-half drive, the boys were still stretching their legs while I snapped this shot.

Nathan took a little "ride" in the boat before we entered the visitor's center, which was once the light-house keeper's home.
For a fee, visitors could climb up the 200-something stairs to the very top of the lighthouse, but Trever was content at just seeing the big light in person, so we did just that. ~
Another thing we've been wanting to do is take the boys to an aquarium. And it just so happened that Atlantic City had one of those, too. So, our next stop was the "Atlantic City Aquarium."

(Nathan's little face is peaking through the eye of the fish.)
They got to touch little sharks and also mini sting rays. Of course, they tried to get me to touch them, too, but I was happy just looking.
Nathan pointed out every single fish he saw, saying "Wook at dat fish!"
The third floor of the building opened up to a balcony overlooking the marina.....

......which made the boys anxious for our final stop: the NJ shore!
We spent the rest of the day, which happened to be a perfectly calm, sunny 80* afternoon, just enjoying the sun, sand and surf.
(Those aren't our chairs--I just liked the boat in the back ground.)
TJ and the boys loved searching for sand crabs and splashing in the waves, while I watched from a distance, enjoying my relaxing sun bath.
But Trever was sure to carry back every sand crab he found and let me see them up close.
Nathan wandered back to visit me every now and then, too, playing in the sand and giving me lots of sandy hugs. There are few places on earth that our boys love more than the beach.
The boys began the day by opening some fun gifts from their Grandma & Grandpa M. : balls and bubble guns!
Before they even ate breakfast, they were out shooting bubbles.
So I whipped up a quick batch of.....

(Nathan's little face is peaking through the eye of the fish.)
They got to touch little sharks and also mini sting rays. Of course, they tried to get me to touch them, too, but I was happy just looking.
Nathan pointed out every single fish he saw, saying "Wook at dat fish!"
The third floor of the building opened up to a balcony overlooking the marina.....
......which made the boys anxious for our final stop: the NJ shore!
We spent the rest of the day, which happened to be a perfectly calm, sunny 80* afternoon, just enjoying the sun, sand and surf.
(Those aren't our chairs--I just liked the boat in the back ground.)
TJ and the boys loved searching for sand crabs and splashing in the waves, while I watched from a distance, enjoying my relaxing sun bath.
But Trever was sure to carry back every sand crab he found and let me see them up close.
Nathan wandered back to visit me every now and then, too, playing in the sand and giving me lots of sandy hugs. There are few places on earth that our boys love more than the beach.~
B.D. :
Then, Tuesday brought us a 3 year old little boy...... it was Nathan's Birthday (B.D.)!
The boys began the day by opening some fun gifts from their Grandma & Grandpa M. : balls and bubble guns!
Before they even ate breakfast, they were out shooting bubbles.So I whipped up a quick batch of.....
(Not my prettiest batch, since I was keeping a constant eye on the boys outside.)
Then, Nathan opened his birthday cards filled with "Tickets!" Not really....it was actually birthday money from his grandparents, but he was happily convinced that the $ bills were tickets.
So, I took the boys to Target and showed Nathan just how cool his "tickets" were.....he could trade them for new toys! And what did he get? Two new balls (surprise, surprise) and a fun pack of "Toy Story 3" action figures. He thought that was pretty cool.
By then, it was noon, so I decided to get the boys happy meals and have a picnic at the park. But as soon as we pulled through the McDonald's drive-thru, a thunderstorm began. It was raining so hard that I just drove straight home, instead, and while we waited for the rain to ease up, the boys decided to have a picnic in the car. So that's just what we did.
Once we got inside, Nathan was exhaused from all his birthday excitement and fell fast asleep.....with his new basketball and his trusty Eagles football, of course.
After his nap, the rain had completely stopped and it was hot and humid outside, so the boys decided to have a water fight.
Yes, those two balls were coming right at me! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh! Silly Nathan!
Nathan loves birthday cake!
he couldn't wait any longer....
and blew out his candles.....
....then, took a big bite out of the side!
Then, Nathan opened his birthday cards filled with "Tickets!" Not really....it was actually birthday money from his grandparents, but he was happily convinced that the $ bills were tickets.
So, I took the boys to Target and showed Nathan just how cool his "tickets" were.....he could trade them for new toys! And what did he get? Two new balls (surprise, surprise) and a fun pack of "Toy Story 3" action figures. He thought that was pretty cool.
By then, it was noon, so I decided to get the boys happy meals and have a picnic at the park. But as soon as we pulled through the McDonald's drive-thru, a thunderstorm began. It was raining so hard that I just drove straight home, instead, and while we waited for the rain to ease up, the boys decided to have a picnic in the car. So that's just what we did.
Once we got inside, Nathan was exhaused from all his birthday excitement and fell fast asleep.....with his new basketball and his trusty Eagles football, of course.
After his nap, the rain had completely stopped and it was hot and humid outside, so the boys decided to have a water fight.
Yes, those two balls were coming right at me! Aaaaaaaaahhhhh! Silly Nathan!But, after a while, I put down my camera and joined the party. haha. Nothin' like a good ol' fashioned water fight to make you feel like a kid again!
~
After we'd had our water fun, we waited for 'daddy' to come home so we could finish Nathan's birthday celebration with some cake....
Nathan loves birthday cake!
he couldn't wait any longer....
and blew out his candles.....
....then, took a big bite out of the side!going to Chuck E Cheese's! He had talked about Chuck E. Cheese's all day, but I told him we'd wait for 'daddy' before we went. So, in this picture, I was trying to get him to take a bite of his cake, but he just wanted to get going.
~
~
And, so, we did!
But they also love presents. So, that's how we got them to come home with us.
Nathan got a new "baby Buzz," since he lost his old favorite a few months back and still asks for it.
Then, we had him open some tennis balls and a Toy Story flash light, to build up his anticipation for the remaining two gifts........two things that he's constantly been asking for----for a VERY long time:
Nathan got a new "baby Buzz," since he lost his old favorite a few months back and still asks for it.
Then, we had him open some tennis balls and a Toy Story flash light, to build up his anticipation for the remaining two gifts........two things that he's constantly been asking for----for a VERY long time:The official size NFL football, and.......
(drum roll, please)
big,
red......
Of course, the second he put it on, he was down on the ground, tackling TJ and Trever and passing his new, super cool football.
~
As soon as Nathan pulled it out of the bag, he shrieked with delight and exclaimed, "My Helmet!!!" He's been asking for a helmet for months. TJ and I had searched every store we could think of, but I finally wised up and went to eBay, getting a great deal on this kid-sized plastic helmet.
Of course, the second he put it on, he was down on the ground, tackling TJ and Trever and passing his new, super cool football.~
You should see him wearing his helmet in person--it's just tooooooo cute! And, toting around that big pigskin is the icing on the cake. hahaha.
~
Now, he takes his helmet and his big football with him everywhere he goes, including to bed each night....and first thing in the morning, you can bet he's puttin' that helmet back on!
~
I just love that boy!











3 comments:
You guys have been sooo busy lately! And, what a jam packed birthday Nathan had. What a fun way to celebrate his day. I love how "ball" and sports obsessed that little one is. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a professional NFL or NBA player someday! What a cutie.
Those boys are so cute. And who doesn't want a Chuck E. Cheese birthday crown, our kids have been begging us for one for forever.
Glad your family is having so much fun! And I am SUPER glad the boys enjoyed the water balls. :)
Nathan is talking so well! I heard him today in Nursery talking to Sis. Knorr, and he is so good! His therapy has really paid off.
Post a Comment