Trever was extra anxious, too, when we told him that the party was at a Karate studio. He was so excited, yet so nervous. I'm not sure exactly what he anticipated, but he was really worried that he wouldn't be prepared for the big day, saying things like "I'm so excited! But I don't know how to do Karate." "I don't know how to Karate kick!" "What if I get beat up?" "Oh no, I don't have any Karate clothes!" (TJ and I couldn't help but laugh at our over-anxious 5 year old, as we assured him--over and over--that there was nothing to be worried about.)
~
As soon as we got there, Trever and Nathan were invited onto the mat and were put right to 'work.' And after a couple minutes into the demo lesson, Trever looked over at me and TJ with a huge grin on his face and a big thumbs up.....all worries had vanished! And the FUN began!
(Nathan is on the far left in the white shirt. Trever is beside him in the navy blue shirt.)
haha......Nathan was a crack up! But we were also surprised at how well he paid attention and participated with the rest of the "big kids." An instructor spent a full hour teaching the kids all sorts of fun karate moves, including how to karate kick a 1/2" wooden board:

Even Nathan kicked a board in half!

Trever loved the whole thing! TJ and I were both very impressed with how quickly he learned the skills and how well he performed them. We will definitely be looking for a Karate class for him in the near future.
Both the boys had a fantastic time; and, get this: they said it was even more fun than a Chuck E. Cheese's birthday party! That's saying a lot, coming from these kids! I think we definitely found a new hobby!
2 comments:
That is so cute! They looked like they had a blast.
What a great way to celebrate Fabio's birthday! Glad the boys had such a great time.
Post a Comment