Monday, June 7, 2010

Aaaaaand....they're off!!!

Saturday afternoon, we decided to check out a PA horse race.
It's amazing how fast those horses run.....and that the jockey's can stay on them!

The boys thought it was pretty cool to watch the horses race past. Nathan kept reaching his hand through the fence, saying, "I want the horse!"

This was my first time to see a horse race in person---it's not nearly as dramatic as the movies: no slow motion, no close up views; but the crowd did get pretty passionate about it. haha.
(TJ said I probably would have, too, if I had bet on any of the horses.)

~

Between races, we wandered around the grounds and came across some fun kids stuff:

Pony Rides!

The boys LOVED that!

Then, they bounced and bounced and bounced......

and bounced, until TJ and I bribed them with something sweet....

Ice Cream!

Yes, there was even an ice cream truck at the race track. And, since the race, the pony rides, and the bounce castle were all FREE--not to mention it was SUCH a hot, humid day--buying a little ice cream seemed like just the thing to do.

~

We had actually stopped by the race track a week earlier, but had just missed the day's races, so this time we checked the race schedule online, first. If anyone's curious, the website address is:

www.philadelphiapark.com

Also, there was no sign of pony rides or the bouncy castle when we stopped by the week before, so I'm not sure if they provide those things every weekend or if we just got lucky. But either way, it's still fun to watch the horse races.

3 comments:

emily a. said...

I was thinking about going to the races Memorial Day weekend. We went to the big races last September and they were so fun. I've been wanting to go back so I'm glad you reminded me. Isn't it exciting to see in person?

Sierra Parke said...

What a great idea. Okay, now that's another thing we have to check out before we leave! Thanks for posting the link too. That's helpful.

The Schexnayders said...

We went to that last year and it was a blast! I hope I get to see you all before you move! Oh.. and happy birthday to Nathan! I cant believe he is 3 already!