Today is our 2 year mark since we moved to Philadelphia. These recent photos made me realize just how much our boys have grown in the past 2 years. Trever's lived half his life here and Nathan's lived all but 2 months of his life here. And, somewhere between then and now, they've grown to be quite the characters...
These goofy glasses were Trever's idea. Nathan is his partner in crime.
Nathan is full of surprises these days. (He stacked those toy animals all by himself.) And now that he knows he's a pretty funny guy, he's always looking for ways to make us laugh. The other day, he hit a baseball off his 'T' and it soared across the room, hitting the lamp. I immediately cried, "Nathan!" And he turned around, laughing, and said, "I funny!" We all burst out laughing! He's always walking around the house saying things like, "Hey, sweedee," or "Oh, gwate!" or "Jus' one 'popiko' (popsicle)!"
Trever is getting so smart! The other day he was playing with dinosaurs and said, "I'm a person who digs for dinosaur bones." So, TJ said, "Do you know what they call someone who does that?" And Trever confidently said, "Yah, a Paleontologist." WHAT?! "Where did you hear that?" we both asked. It was from a cartoon he watched, but we were just shocked that he'd even remember a word like that. Also, he gave his first talk in Primary last Sunday. He was such a confident little speaker! We were so proud of him!
THEN:
Two years ago, we packed our car with as much as it could hold, and drove 2500 miles across the country to a city that was as different from our home state than anything I've yet experienced! I've collected some photos from our first days in Philly to the present:
A first smile from Nathan./ Nathan's first hearing aid.
Trever's 3rd Birthday./ Some 1st steps for Nathan.
Nathan's 1st Birthday./ Our 1st trip to the NJ shore.
Halloween 2008./ Trever's 1st soccer season.
TJ and My 5th Anniversary./ Easter 2009.

TJ's White Coat Ceremony./ Spring trip to Idaho 2009.

Trever's 4th Birthday. /Nathan's 2nd Birthday.
TJ's White Coat Ceremony./ Spring trip to Idaho 2009.
Trever's 4th Birthday. /Nathan's 2nd Birthday.
This is just a small glimpse of all that's happened in the past 2 years. We've had so many great adventures since we moved here, so many times of laughter and excitement, so many wonderful visits from our dear family members, and so many simple moments that we'll always look back on and cherish. I never imagined I'd live so far from the family I love so dearly and the world I knew so well, but I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. We've learned so much, we've grown so much, and our love for each other is stronger than ever.
I feel truly blessed.
7 comments:
it was so much fun to see the progression of pictures! such cute boys. i cant believe its been two years already. time sure seems to fly lately. i also love your new blog header. how did you make it? its really cute!
It's been such fun spending these past two years with our greatest friends! Tennyson loves his "best buddy" Trever. I had forgotten how tiny Nathan was when we all first moved here. He was such a tiny little guy, but boy has he grown!
I remember Halloween!!!!!!! I will definately miss you guys. You are so fun, and down to earth. I will be soooooo sad when you guys leave. I love your pics and your family!!
You guys need to come back soon. We've all missed so much of them growing up. I love those little boys so much. I just want to squeeze them!! I'm glad that you have learned so much from being away, even if you haven't enjoyed every minute of it.
Wow, things change so much in two years! It seems to me like the days can go by so slowly sometimes, but then I blink and a year has flashed by. I love seeing all those fun pictures of your boys and their fun personalities. What a cute family!
You have such an amazing family. It is absolutely an eye-opener, a challenging, but great journey living away from family. But it sure does make you closer as husband and wife and your boys. Your family is so cute!
It's hard to believe how much can change in such a short time. Shaylynn was a baby when we moved to Philadelphia, and when we moved back she was put into Preschool. Crazy!
Post a Comment