Last Sunday, Trever was busy drawing on his little notepad. I looked down at his paper and he said, "Look Mom, I drew a [shopping] cart. And it even has a target on it." Then he kept drawing and a few minutes later said, "See, Mom, I wrote 'targit' so you know it's a target." I was stunned! We have been practicing reading with Trever, but he'd never written a word, (besides his name), independently before. So, this week we've been practicing more reading and writing. While we were reviewing all the 3-letter words he can read, he took the pen from me and, with a little smirk, said, "I'm gonna write a really funny word..." Then he wrote: 'B U T' and burst out laughing. I think he felt more pride for writing that 'funny word' than he has for anything he's accomplished so far. haha
I pulled up this photo from last month-before the demise of my beloved camera-and thought I might as well post some of the older pictures that haven't been posted. This is one of their classic 'blanket forts,' built for a rainy day.
I did find my old 35mm camera and replaced the battery, so once the film is full, I'll be able to develop it and see if the old clunker still works. Until then, I decided to focus more on recording some of the 'funny remarks' these boys make:
~
~Nathan, counting: "two, six, sebben, nine, ten, lebben, two, six!"
~
~Nathan, pointing to each of his feet: "Cute foot. Big foot."
~
~Mom, to Nathan: "I love you so much."
Nathan: "Sooooo much!" (That's how he always replies.)
~
~Nathan, every morning: "Hi Mom. Jus' one popiko?" (He always asks for a popsicle as soon as he wakes up.)
~
~Trever: "Mom, are you mad?"
Mom: "No, why?"
Trever: "Because I like it when you're mad."
Mom: "You do?! Why?"
Trever: "Because, it's cute!"
~
~One afternoon, Trever was being more kind than usual to Nathan. So I praised him for being especially nice--to which he shrugged, and casually replied, "Yah, sometimes I love 'im; sometimes I don't."
~
~One afternoon, Trever fell asleep on the couch. When Nathan saw him, he quietly crept over to his big brother, softly brushed his cheek, and sweetly said, "Aww, how cute."
~
~A few days later, Nathan was napping in his bed and I happened to walk past as Trever was bent over his baby brother, kissing him and whispering, "I'll always be with you."

4 comments:
Wow, way to go Trever! You are such a great reader. I loved reading how kind and sweet you and your brother are to each other. Oh, and you two say some pretty funny things!
Your boys are so precious. Kevin said that the only blog he reads is yours because of all the funny stories of the boys. I know they are a handful, but they are soo darn cute!
Your boys are always saying the cutest things!
That's so darn cute!!!!!!!
Post a Comment