Monday, July 20, 2009

2 GOOD BOYS

Trever is becoming little Mr. Responsible. He is always keeping Nathan out of harm's way like a protective big brother should. And he's also keeping tabs on other kids...Today, we were at the park and Trever was playing with a little boy whose mother was telling him it was time to go. The little boy didn't want to go, so Trever very politely told the child, "You should listen to your mom." So the kid said, "okay," and jumped down, waving goodbye. It was so cute to see their little grown-up conversation.
I'm so proud of the great kid that Trever is becoming.

Nathan is growing up to be a real character. For the past few months, we cannot leave our home without Nathan filling his arms with toys--mainly balls, of course. I made the mistake last week of grabbing a toy for him on the way out the door and he was devastated that he didn't get to choose the toy for himself. He cried and cried for the entire 30 minute car ride. I hadn't realized just how important it was for him to choose his own "comfort toys" until then. So, everywhere we go, he has an armful of toys and a grin on his sweet little face. I love watching Nathan discover his interests and the world around him.

7 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Aaahh, yes...Nathan is starting that stage, huh?! I remember when we couldn't leave the house without at least five toys in Tennyson's hands. How funny.

Carlie said...

mason does the same thing, and yes, its usually balls for him too! so cute.

dan and linds said...

What a sweet story about Trever. You are such a good mom! I love that picture of Nathan with his toys, so cute!

mallena said...

Nathan is getting so much bigger, and Trevor is becoming so wise in his "old" age. You have two darling boys!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

What cute boys! They are growing up so fast!!

Patty Sampson said...

That is so cool!! Both Nathan and Trevor are surprising me all the time. I love hearing about their adventures. And I totally want Trevor hanging out with Carter when he gets older. I need some of that responsibility to rub off. :)

Suzette said...

Cobie can't leave the house without a plethora of toys either. You should have seen the bag he took camping with Jack and the scouts. It was hilarious.