Thursday, April 16, 2009

A FINE SPRING DAY

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." -Anne Bradstreet

"Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." -Margaret Atwood

"And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest."
-Percy Bysshe Shelley

"April hath put a spirit of youth in everything."
-William Shakespeare

5 comments:

mallena said...

I love all your pictures and quotes!

Sierra Parke said...

I love spring too--oh, and yes...I like your quotes as well. Where do you find them? Have fun in Idaho. It was a nightmare flying out here. We were on the same plane for 10 HOURS!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to go crazy. Hopefully you guys won't run into any crazy storms either.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Yes, yes, yes! I do love the sunny weather, and I think annalise likes it even more, because she can go outside now! We will have to come over and play sometime!

Patty Sampson said...

Inspiring! Now I need to go out and dig in the dirt to really celebrate the spring. :) If your little boys can't find enough dirt on their own I am happy to let them come over and tromp through some of ours. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When are you going to help me plant? The boys are so cute!!!