Wednesday, April 8, 2009

POOR LITTLE TREVER

Trever has been running a stream of bad luck, lately. Yesterday, he had a 3 hour dentist appointment, for which he was sedated in order to fill some cavities. So he spent the rest of the day with a belly ache from the anesthesia and a sore mouth.
Finally, he started to feel better that evening. But after he washed his hands for dinner, while standing on the toilet, he turned around too fast and fell off, hitting the side of his face on the tub. This photo shows his new shiner.

So one of my first thoughts was, "Oh, great, how do I explain this to my all-too-concerned, yet wonderful, neighbor." Just last week, he heard Nathan crying after he had fallen off of the toilet. And now, Trever fell off the toilet, too! I didn't want our child-less neighbor to think I was just using the same excuse every time one of my boys gets hurt.
So I told TJ, let's just tell 'Michael' that Trever slipped in the bathroom and hit his head on the tub. Anyway, so this morning Trever woke up with a bloody nose. (more bad luck) And as I was cleaning his face in the bathroom, Trever said to me, "Let's just tell Michael that I slipped in the bathroom and hit my nose this time."
He got me there!
On another note, Nathan got his hearing aid back from repair in only 6 days this time! That may seem like a strange announcement, but it was such a pleasant surprise based on our history of loooong 2-4 week waits for past repairs. So at, least I've got some good news.
ha ha

6 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

The hearing aid news IS good news! I am so excited for Nathan. You know it has to be really hard to have one of your senses missing for that long.

Hang in there Trevor! I am sure that your string of bad luck can't last much longer. :)

As for the neighbor, next time he asks, just tell him you are teaching them to box. :) And see his reaction.

mallena said...

Maybe it's time to pad the bathtub. Poor little guys! I hope the bad luck stops soon.

Sierra Parke said...

Trever is one tough and brave little boy!!! He needs to come over more and toughen up my Tennyson so he's not a pansy! ha ha

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Poor Trever! I hope you have no more slip and falls for a long time. Don't you hate neighbors like that, that you feel like they are watching your every move when it comes to your kids!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Poor guy, that is a really good shiner. Annalise actually fell into the bathtub before, but she hasn't fallen off of the toilet yet....i guess I have something to look forward too!

SPENCERS said...

wow, that's a shiner to be proud of! Patty's suggestion made me laugh! Now do you have a photography sitting scheduled in the next couple of days? Because that may be the reason he got the bruise. Seems like mine always acquire some sort of mark on their face just before pictures...boys.