Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WINTER IN IDAHO

We flew to Idaho three days before Christmas.

The first thing I noticed was how big and beautiful the sky was.


Trever and Nathan were very pleased to discover that Santa had found them once again!


Both the boys had the most fun of all when they got to play with their fantastic cousins.


This is a snowy view from Grandma and Grandpa Martin's on Christmas Day.

One day, we visited the Idaho Falls Temple, where TJ and I were married.



TJ and I also spent an afternoon at the Rexburg, Idaho Temple. It is such a beautiful building with such a very special spirit. This is a view of the Rexburg valley, also.

Here are a few random images of the Idaho countryside in the winter.


This is the road to my parents' home in good ol' Plano, Idaho. Also, a view of my parents' snow-covered garden.

The boys each got a few chances to ride on one of my mom's horses. They loved it.


A few samples of my Dad's fine Craftsmanship, to the left. And my mom's pride and joy in the center. The ducks and chickens are Trever's favorite.

Grandpa Chad holding cousin Jaydon and Nathan. And Trever trying his hand at the guitar.



And, the beautiful Idaho sunsets, to top it all off.
The time went way too fast. But we enjoyed every minute of it.
And we'll treasure our winter trip to Idaho for the whole year through.

7 comments:

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time while you were here. It looks like you were able to pack in a lot of great memories.

Glad you made it back safe and sound to Philadelphia.

Amy said...

It looks like you had alot of fun in Idaho. I sure miss the snow. Christmas wasn't the same without it. I'm glad you got to see your family and make some special memories.

Elaine said...

You made Idaho look so beatiful. I really do miss it. I wish I had horses and chickens!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas at home! I am so glad! Let do something fun soon!

dan and linds said...

What a fun Christmas! Idaho is so beautiful. I love how there is so much wide open space. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I love your family! I'm glad you guys had so much fun :)

Sierra Parke said...

Oh my Shilowe, your pictures are absolutely stunning! I love the sunset pictures. It looks like you guys had such a great time. We visited the temple where we were married on our trip home too. See you tomorrow at soccer!