Monday, October 20, 2008

APPLE PIE & PUMPKIN CARVING

After apple picking with my parents and, again, with TJ and the boys, my fridge was packed with apples. So one morning, I baked up a couple of apple pies, which must have turned out all right because I couldn't take a picture soon enough before both pies were sampled.



Last week, we carved one of the pumpkins that we found during our visit to Styer Orchards.




It was a group effort--TJ carved out the inside and the face, which I sketched--according to Trever's directions (round eyes, diamond nose, and two teeth); and Nathan took care of the top while we worked together. What we came up with was your Classic Jack-o-lantern that we were all proud to be a part of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shi,

That's so cute! TJ is going to make an excellent surgeon! He's already making nice incisions :)
The boys look so cute. I'm glad you had fun.

Oh- I would love to taste your apple pie,

Luv,
D-

Doug and Mallena said...

I can see why your pie was sampled so quickly. Yummy! Your pumpkin looks very nice and festive.

dan and linds said...

Those pies look YUMMY!!!