Last Monday, I decided it would be fun to document our daily activities throughout the week, by taking pictures each day......but I got a little camera happy---especially as the week became more out-of-the-ordinary than usual. So beware: this is a very long post, which reflects our very eventful week.
~
MONDAY:
After several long rainy days, I decided the kids might as well go out and enjoy some fresh air and splashing in puddles.
Eeeewww.........I mean, cool......worms!TUESDAY:
Tuesday's project was creating these fun little sock bunnies.
By the end of the day, we had a whole family of bunnies to remind us that Easter was on it's way.
Then, another reminder was left at the door....an Easter package from Grandma & Grandpa M.! Trever commented: "Grandma & Grandpa must have know we were being good boys!"~
WEDNESDAY:
Nathan went to his routine Audiology appointment.
As soon as we entered his Audiologists' office, he wouldn't stop talking. His conversation went something like this: "I pway basketball--I make a basket. I wuv a Easter bunny. I go to church. I gonna have a big pardy at Chuck-E-Cheese......" and on and on. He is such a social little guy; he'll talk to anyone about anything. He also did a great job with all his hearing tests and got great scores back, which is always a blessing.
So after a long afternoon at the Children's Hospital, TJ and I took the boys to the mall and treated them to a really cute movie: "How To Train Your Dragon." I think TJ and I enjoyed it just as much as the kids. If you have boys, I definitely recommend it.
~
THURSDAY:
TJ had the rest of the week off, so Thursday turned into the last day of driving our dear, sweet Impala. She's been such a great car, but it was time for an upgrade. So, with a heavy heart, I said farewell to our "Impy" and hello to our new(er) Trailblazer:
WEDNESDAY:
Nathan went to his routine Audiology appointment.
As soon as we entered his Audiologists' office, he wouldn't stop talking. His conversation went something like this: "I pway basketball--I make a basket. I wuv a Easter bunny. I go to church. I gonna have a big pardy at Chuck-E-Cheese......" and on and on. He is such a social little guy; he'll talk to anyone about anything. He also did a great job with all his hearing tests and got great scores back, which is always a blessing.
So after a long afternoon at the Children's Hospital, TJ and I took the boys to the mall and treated them to a really cute movie: "How To Train Your Dragon." I think TJ and I enjoyed it just as much as the kids. If you have boys, I definitely recommend it.~
THURSDAY:
TJ had the rest of the week off, so Thursday turned into the last day of driving our dear, sweet Impala. She's been such a great car, but it was time for an upgrade. So, with a heavy heart, I said farewell to our "Impy" and hello to our new(er) Trailblazer:~
We're still getting to know him. In fact, on Sunday, we tried getting into someone else's Trailblazer by mistake. It was pretty embarrassing. TJ was trying to get the key to fit in the door and I was lifting the handle on the other side, and then TJ looked inside and saw cough drops that he didn't remember, while I saw a Harley Davidson sticker on the windshield that I didn't remember. Then we both looked at each other and quickly walked away, hoping that it's owners weren't watching us. Ooops! We laughed pretty hard once we were safely in our own car.
~
~
FRIDAY:
We drove down to the NJ shore for a sunny day of sand and saltwater.
Lovin' that sand.
I'll admit it was pretty cool, though. The store not only sells gear and clothes, but it's also full of, um, stuffed animals. These were all once living animals that were hunted and then preserved. Seeing the beasts up close really gives you an appreciation for their beauty and of their role in nature.
There was this great tunnel of gigantic fish tanks full of every freshwater fish you can imagine.
Go for a road trip!
At least, that's what we did.
~
Along the way, Trever asked: "Are we still in Philly-adelphia?"
TJ: "No, we just left, but we're almost to New Jersey."
Trever: "So we're in the middle of nowhere?!?!"
Me: "No, we just don't know the name of this place."
Trever: "Hmm...maybe we're in Texas!"
~
We drove down to the NJ shore for a sunny day of sand and saltwater.
Lovin' that sand.~
SATURDAY:
~
Cabela's---for those of you unaware---is the "World's Foremost Outfitter: Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Gear" a.k.a. TJ's idea of heaven on earth.
I'll admit it was pretty cool, though. The store not only sells gear and clothes, but it's also full of, um, stuffed animals. These were all once living animals that were hunted and then preserved. Seeing the beasts up close really gives you an appreciation for their beauty and of their role in nature.
There was this great tunnel of gigantic fish tanks full of every freshwater fish you can imagine. Fish are such peaceful creatures to watch....at least, when it's not feeding time.

How many stores have a mountain in the middle of them?!
~
Saturday evening:
and put silly face stickers on them.......

How many stores have a mountain in the middle of them?!~
Saturday evening:
and put silly face stickers on them.......SUNDAY:
The Easter Bunny came!!!!
After many warnings that the Easter Bunny would only come if the boys behaved, Sunday morning proved that they must have done a pretty good job. (wink, wink)
Trever and Nathan are basically professional egg hunters, at this point. They cleared the room of all stray egg--at record speed.
But both boys took their time to open their eggs. Nathan would open one egg, and eat all it's contents before moving onto the next. But, Trever had a different approach: He'd take one egg at a time, tap it 3 times on the edge of the bowl, then carefully pull the shells apart (like a real egg) and spill it's contents into the bowl.
A look of pure contentment.
TJ and I got the kites started and then handed them off to our two eager observers.
After they'd had their fill of kite flying, ball throwing and frisbee tossing, the boys turned to the water. The weather was perfect. In fact, it was the warmest Easter day that we've ever seen. So TJ and I sat back on the banks, soaking up the sun, while the boys soaked their clothes.
~
The Easter Bunny came!!!!
After many warnings that the Easter Bunny would only come if the boys behaved, Sunday morning proved that they must have done a pretty good job. (wink, wink)
Trever and Nathan are basically professional egg hunters, at this point. They cleared the room of all stray egg--at record speed.
But both boys took their time to open their eggs. Nathan would open one egg, and eat all it's contents before moving onto the next. But, Trever had a different approach: He'd take one egg at a time, tap it 3 times on the edge of the bowl, then carefully pull the shells apart (like a real egg) and spill it's contents into the bowl.
A look of pure contentment.~
One of the big bunny's gifts to the boys were "Buzz Lightyear" kites!
So, of course we had to rush to the nearest park and try them out...
TJ and I got the kites started and then handed them off to our two eager observers.
After they'd had their fill of kite flying, ball throwing and frisbee tossing, the boys turned to the water. The weather was perfect. In fact, it was the warmest Easter day that we've ever seen. So TJ and I sat back on the banks, soaking up the sun, while the boys soaked their clothes.~
And, since I had my camera......














4 comments:
You take the cutest pictures! What a fun week! I love all the crafts you always do with the boys- you're such a fun mom!
Wow, what a great week...TJ was home for four days straight, a new car, a trip to the beach...I'm so jealous!!! I want a new car too, what's your secret???
That does sound like a great week. That's exciting about your new car!
I love the new ride!!!!!!! I'm glad that you had a fun week. Oh- nice beach toy!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment