Last week was spent catching up on all the ordinary tasks that got pushed aside while we had our adventures the week before. Then, last weekend, TJ went to NYC to play in a school basketball tournament.

He was gone from Friday morning till late Saturday night; therefore, the most exciting part of our week happened to be on Sunday morning when the boys discovered that "Daddy was home" and got their gifts from him: I love NY t-shirts and cool NYC pencils.
Then came Monday (yesterday).....
Nathan's first visit to the dentist:
Yes, this is our dentist's office. Well, the waiting room. As you can see, Nathan was pretty jazzed up about it. But I was nervous to see how he'd do once he was in the big blue chair.
Surprise to me! He did awesome! I think it helped that the room we were sent to happened to be decked out in a sports theme. All of Nathan's favorite teams' memorabilia adorned the walls and kept his interest. And to top things off: NO CAVITIES! Woo hoo!
Trever did fantastic as well. Another dentist took care of his teeth while I sat with Nathan. When Trever was finished, the dentist brought him to me and went on and on about what a good boy Trever was and how good he did getting his teeth cleaned. And, NO CAVITIES for Trever either! I was a very proud mom!~
So...Trever suggested that since they both did so well at the dentist that we should go to McDonald's for dinner. How could I refuse?
~
On the way to McDonald's, Trever made this observation:
"Idaho is a cowboy place. And we're from Idaho. So that means that I am a cowboy and Nathan is a cowboy and Daddy is a Sheriff and Mom is a cowgirl."
Then Nathan, who can't hear as well in the car, thought about that for a moment and concluded: "I a cowboy 'n Mommy's a cow."
We all got a good laugh out of that.
~
The boys ate their food as fast as they could so they could go play on the big outdoor playground. They climbed to the top and ran through the tunnels, but when Trever went down the slide, Nathan didn't. So Trever went back up and asked Nathan to slide down with him. But he wouldn't. TJ and I started to coax Nathan to come down. But no, he stayed. He wouldn't come down the slide or the stairs. So, I handed Trever a mini candy bar and told him to show it to Nathan and tell him he could have it if he came down. So Trever did his best to convice Nathan to come down, but when the bribe didn't work, Trever must have tried pulling Nathan toward the slide because then Nathan started screaming. So Trever gave up and slid down again, but Nathan just kept screaming..............and that was the last straw. The only thing left for me to do was crouch through the mini staircase, crawl through the winding tunnels above, wave at the other children--who were wondering what on earth I was doing in there, and find my distraught little toddler, calm him down, and then (since there was no way I could carry him back through the maze of tunnels and down the dwarfed staircase) take him down the slide with me.......Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
TJ caught this shot of us coming out of one crazy twisty slide ride. And what do you know---Nathan loved it! But there was no way we were going to send him up again. It was time to go.


2 comments:
How fun! I wish Weston's first dentist visit went as well as Nathans did! That's great!! Your boys are adorable and getting so big!!
No cavities--that's great! You should be a proud Mom!!! I, on the other hand, am a not-so-proud mom. Tennyson went to the dentist today and he had 4 cavities filled! That brings us to a grand total of 8 thus far since moving here! I know--it's embarrassing. I love all the pictures and your blog entries are always such fun to read.
Post a Comment