Monday, April 19, 2010

Life Would Be So Dull...

Life would be so dull without my two little guys...
"Mom, wook a mee!"

"I wanna birtday paurtee."

"Wook a me. I hiding!"

"Cheese!"
~
~sigh~
We had a rough time at the store today. The boys started fighting and then Nathan bit Trever on the nose and Trever started screaming and lashing back at Nathan, so Nathan started screaming, and they just went back and forth the whole way through the store. It was awful--one of those moments when I feel like a failure to see my kids behaving like that. By the time we were back in the car, I was humiliated, frustrated and exhausted. But by the time I got home, I realized it was my own fault that things had got so ugly: it was lunchtime, nearly Nathan's nap time, simply bad timing. I realized that I just need to plan ahead better. Raising kids is not simple. There are so many parts of it that are difficult, confusing, tiring and thankless. But when I looked at these pictures tonight, it reminded me of all the reasons that I LOVE being a mom. And I LOVE my boys. They are my world. I guess sometimes I just need times like our rough store visit today to prove to myself that I love them no matter what---and to be especially grateful for when they behave like the little angels that I know they are. Like I said before: Life would be so dull without my two little guys.
~

5 comments:

Amanda said...

So true, so true. I like the way you wrote this. I always tell myself that my children will always be fun to talk about because they are always doing something interesting!

Sierra Parke said...

I can so relate Shilowe. I had a rough day today too with Mr. Tennyson. I loved reading what you wrote though...you put it all in perspective. Yes it's hard work sometimes being a mom, draining, exhausting, etc., but it is also one of the best things in life. You are so right...I just need to remember all the moments they are sweet, snuggly, and cute!

Chad and Caroline said...

Thanks for sharing:) I have the same kind of days with my boys. Its kind of a comfort to know that other moms experience these moments as well. It's nice that you looked at the positive side. I'm really trying harder to do that. You are a great mom.

The Schexnayders said...

Your attitude is an inspiration to me. You have two boys and you can still be positive so I need to be able to with my one.

Patty Sampson said...

I love you! You are so saying all the things I have been feeling lately. And I am so grateful to know I am not alone. I bawled to the Bishop today and now I see I should have called you. :) Thank you for the positive reminders. :)