I try to go grocery shopping without my kids for two reasons:
1--it always takes twice as long when I bring them; &
2--they always find a clever way into getting a new $1 toy out of the event.
But there are times when I have no choice but to bring them, and there are also times when I see their choice of toy as an advantage for me as well, like these little wooden cars they found at Target:
We've had a lot of rainy days this week, so these cars came in really handy one afternoon.
Trever painted a red 'Lightning McQueen' and Nathan painted a yellow 'Mater' (from the Disney movie "Cars"). Little projects like this remind me of my own childhood. My creative mother is the inspiration behind many of the things I do with my own children--like visiting the library and the park, having little parties for any occasion-big or small, spending afternoons in the great outdoors, delving into countless art projects, and much much more! I don't think I ever really appreciated everything my mom did to make our childhood special until I became a mother myself and realized how much effort it takes just to care for young children--let alone entertain them. It takes time and planning ahead and letting the laundry go unwashed for a while longer, but at the end of the day it's knowing that your kids are happy that makes it all worthwhile. I've still got a lot to learn, Mom, but thanks for your great example--you're the best!
7 comments:
Shilowe- you are such a fun mom! I've got to try that pinata idea. What a creative way to get their energy out too! I love reading your blog and all the things you do together as a family!
You're such a great mom and you have great kids!
My kids love painting, and I love the Target dollar spot! Your such a fun mom!
Shilowe I was just thinking this morning that I need to do those types of things with my kids and just let the laundry and other household chores wait. Laundry will always be there, but kids won't.
Thanks for the tribute Shilowe. I hope that someday your children will do for you what you just did for me. Enjoy the tears! I love you! Mom
I adore the target dollar section!
What a fun project. They're getting a jump start on winning the pinewood derby when they are in scouts. What cutie-pies.
Post a Comment