Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lucky Day

On St. Patrick's Day, TJ took the day off and took us to the zoo...
The weather was perfect, so we started out with a little picnic before seeing all the animals.
I've already taken SO many pictures of zoo animals on previous trips, but I had to get a shot of this peacock. I've never seen a peacock spread his tail out this full and it was pretty spectacular. (I know it's not the best photo, but he was in the shade with no intention of moving. I can't blame him,though...those feathers have got to be heavy.)
Trever and Nathan loved grooming the cute goats, and watching the silly monkeys, awesome lions, and the creepy reptiles.
~
While we were out, a little St. Patrick's Day "Leprechaun" happened to hide a treasure in our home. So the boys decorated a couple of paper bags and went on a scavenger hunt.

Gold coins attached to little clues were hidden throughout the apartment and each clue led them to the next clue.....
....until they found their Pot of Gold!!!!
The leprechaun also left some festive cupcakes and a couple of fun toys: a new puzzle for Trever and a pack of soft little basketballs for Nathan.

It was a lucky day, indeed!
~
Later that evening, Trever and I were in the living room and heard our neighbors up above us making a lot of noise. So, I said "I wonder what our neighbors are up to." To which, Trever replied, "They must still be looking for their treasure!"

6 comments:

Patty Sampson said...

Your boys crack me up!!

The Schexnayders said...

Your a super mom! What a cute idea for saint patty day.

dan and linds said...

Ok, it's official, you are the most fun mom ever! You always come up with such fun activities for your boys. Thank you for sharing all your great ideas! The next time I need a fun activity, I know just where to look :)

Bonnie said...

You do have the best ideas, and you take the initiative to make them happen. Your boys are so blessed to have you as Mom. Pat yourself on the back! :)

Doug and Mallena said...

I finally got caught up with your blog. I haven't checked blogs in FOREVER! I'm so impressed with all the really great stuff you do as a family. I need to work on spending more time with the kids, and less time worrying about the little things that won't get done. Thanks for being such a great example!

Kayla said...

Shilowe, you are the best! Your boys are so lucky to have you for a mom!