
I was hoping to see more fall colors, but the leaves are just "yellow-ing" right now, so I'll post more pictures when the trees get more colorful. We were surprisingly pleased, however, see so many squirrels, chipmunks and birds along the path. One squirrel, with a nut in his mouth, stopped and stared at us for an unusually long amount of time, which was quite entertaining, especially when he started waving his little paw at us.
And, of course, we had to stop and feed the ducks and geese:
No, Nathan didn't fall into the water--but it was a close one!
I usually don't take the boys on walks by myself, because I'm so worried about one of them falling into the river or running too far off the path, but it was so nice to get outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air--and especially the peace and beauty of the park, that I'm glad I did.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
A WALK IN THE PARK
After enduring days of cold and rainy weather, the boys and I couldn't have been more excited to see the sun rise on Monday morning. Although the air was still chilly, all three of us were anxious to get outside and enjoy the sun. So, we bundled up and took a walk through our nearby park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss that wonderful walking trail, and all the fun there is to have in Pennypack park. Have you guys walked over to see the horses yet? They were our favorite!
What a great outing. Pennypack was always so beautiful, especially during the Fall.
Post a Comment