A few weeks ago, Trever started Preschool at home. I invested in a preschool lesson book and several preschool workbooks and we have been holding a daily preschool class together.
Each week, we have a different theme to learn about. The 1st week was "All About Me." The 2nd week was "My Family." This week has been "Homes," and next week will be "Community Helpers." So each day we start with our little lesson, then we have a science project activity:
Trever loved making these "Wave Bottles." In fact, the science projects are Trever's favorite part of our preschool class. His least favorite part is the workbook. But I'm so glad I'm able to work with him one-on-one and see his confidence grow as he practices his writing and counting.
After Trever finishes his workbook pages for the day; we play a game together, like Crazy Eights, Domino's, Matching Game, Puzzles, ect. And after our game we have Story Time. Once or twice a week, we visit the Library and choose books that he'd like to read for our Story Time.
The stories get his imagination rolling, so then we finish with a fun Art project:
Painting is Trever's favorite thing to do for Art time. He painted these Halloween shapes that we made out of homemade clay the day before.
Nathan still naps for 2-3 hours a day, so that's when we hold our preschool class. And we both look forward to it, all day. Trever loves learning and doing new things each day and I love having our 'special time' together. I cannot describe how rewarding it is to be his "first teacher," and I'm looking forward to doing the same thing when Nathan is older, too.
The boys and I have also been having a lot of fun when Nathan is awake:



10 comments:
How fun. I want to do something like that when Lela gets older. When we were living in Philadelphia Amanda, Mallena, Natalie, and I did a joyschool together and that was fun too.
Your preschool sounds like such fun! The art projects are always the best, aren't they?! How many days a week to you hold preschool?
Trever loves it so much that we have class every day, Mon.-Fri.
Wow, Shilowe, you are such a fun mom! Do most of the science and art projects use common household items? I can't wait for Oakley's attention span to get long enough for us to do some fun activities like this.
I am so proud of you, TJ and the boys!!! We are all our children's first and last teacher. Keep it up and you may find yourself doing this for a living!
Luv u :)
wow! that sounds like so much fun! what book did you get for your preschool? i hope im half as good a mom as you are!
I have been wanting to start something like that with Ayden. Can you bring your workbook to the next mom and tots so I can see it? I would love to find out how your planning everything..
Hey Gals,
The book I'm using for the "Lesson" part of our class is titled "Early Learning Thematic Lesson Plan," by Sherrill B. Flora. I bought it at "Becker Teaching Supply" for $15.99. It's a great resource!
That is amazing that he can climb over two gates....annalise just discovered how to get through one, but I can't imagine two....what a smart little man
Way to go! I think it's fantastic you're teaching at home. I loved having preschool with Miriam and the others her age.
I about had a heart attack watching Nathan. I'm amazed that kid hasn't broken any bones yet. Good luck! He reminds me of my brothers---no fear.
Post a Comment