Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THE UN-ANTICIPATED LIST

Apparently, my boys are determined to avoid family pictures at any cost. In this case--their eyes. Both of them have acquired scratches near their eyes this week. And I am anxiously waiting for them to heal so we can get our annual family photo taken. There are so many things about child rearing that I never anticipated, and this happens to be one of them. Some other things that I wasn't aware of before motherhood are:
  • How FAST they grow
  • How OFTEN they eat
  • How much ENERGY they have
  • How DEMANDING they are
  • How LOUD they can scream
  • How NAUGHTY they can be
  • How QUICKLY they can mess up the house
  • How QUICK they are, in general
  • How SMART they are
  • How FUNNY they are
  • How LOVING they are
  • How FORGIVING they are
  • How BEAUTIFUL they are
  • How much LOVE they make me feel for them
  • How PROUD they make me
  • How much they TEACH me every single day

My list could go on forever. And, in the end, waiting for a few scratches to heal is just another thing that makes motherhood a wonderful adventure that I wouldn't trade for anything in the universe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shi,

You and TJ are awsome parents!! If you can't wait for the scars to heal, use a little makeup :) that way, they can get as many boo-boo's as they want. I'm quite sure you will see more boo-boos before the holidays are over.

The boys are so cute!

The Shields Family said...

What a sweet post. I agree 100 percent.

Doug and Mallena said...

Beautifully said!

Suzette said...

What's a family photo without a few visible bumps and bruises? I think they are adorable no matter what.

Donna said...

Hi Shilowe. I miss you and your family! Please call me! We never movie night! The kids are awesome!I love you!

Mr. & Mrs. J. McReynolds said...

HA HA! Shiney do you realize that your siblings always had scratches and bites from you growing up! HA HA! I think the boys look like Riley with all those scratches... I think we have a few family pictures that we are pretty banged up! HA HA! Like the one where I have a huge road rash scratch on my cheek and when Riley had a fingernail scratch down the side of his face?! I can't wait to see my tough lil nephews scratches and all it just reminds me of our childhood! YEEHAW! I miss being a kid! Can't wait to see you and do our family pics! Love you all! Hugs and kisses! Aunt Nannis!