Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN NIGHT

COSTUMES IN ACTION
On Halloween night, we met with some great friends of ours and took our kids trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. Trever was already tired--as you can see, but he still had a lot of fun. Nathan, however, wasn't tired a bit--he had the time of his life collecting free candy!


These are two of the candy bars that Nathan gripped in his excited little palms during our trick-or-treating trip. Until he understood the whole concept of receiving candy, he was actually putting candy into the bowl when he'd come to a new house. But the people kept giving the candy back (and then some) so he soon figured out that he was entitled to receive the candy. After that, he walked up to each house saying, "More? More?" Ha ha.
Trever, of course, was already an expert at Trick-or-Treating. As you can see by his piles of spoils. The only thing that got in his way was a little fatigue from the busy day and his silly ghost costume wouldn't co-operate when he need to climb up steps. But, even then, he didn't complain much. It was a great night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet treats for sweet boys!

So, what time did they go to sleep???????? Looks like you guys will be up late night from the sugar :)

The Shields Family said...

How cute! Your boys have gotten so big and they look adorable in their Halloween costumes.

Blair and Angela Jolley said...

They both looked so cute in their costumes. Your boys are so photogenic, I'm jealous :)

Patty Sampson said...

How adorable! I love that you wrote that story about Nathan. He is going to laugh about that one later. And what a precious memory. I love kids, they crack me up!

Mr. & Mrs. J. McReynolds said...

My nephews are the cutest boys in the whole entire world... AND I am biased! I really really wish I had got to see them on Halloween. I remember Trever's first Halloween as a pumpkin right? I miss baby Trev, but he is the cutest ghost too! Baby Nate is such a love! When I read your post I thought about when we used to give candy to our neighbors at Christmas and you dumped their plate of goodies on their steps! HA HA! Aw I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you at Christmas! Did I tell you we were moving home?