January was the longest month of my life!
I was so anxious to hold my new baby in my arms, instead of my exhausted belly.
My impatience grew worse when I watched my due date come and go, still waiting and wondering if this baby would ever come.
Finally, my midwife set up a date for me to be induced: the last day of January!
We were all so excited!
Thankfully, my mom was able to be here (bless her heart--she stuck around for 3 weeks!) and stepped in to care for Trever and Nathan while TJ and I went to the hospital.
I chose to have a natural birth--no pain killers or anesthesia, so it was a long 8 hours of labor and an unbelievably, intensely painful 15 minute delivery, but...
finally, finally, finally....
Isaiah Ray Martin was born!
Weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. and measuring 20 inches long.
And it was all so worth it!
Finally, the baby we had hoped and prayed for years for,
was sent to us from heaven.
There is truly no greater gift than a new child.
Even our boys agreed that having Isaiah born was, in their words:
"WAY better than Christmas!!!"
The boys absolutely adore their new little brother!
Trever, proud to be the "Big, Big Brother!"
And Nathan, so proud to be the "New Big Brother!"
They couldn't wait to come to the hospital and meet their new brother.
They said it felt like the longest day ever until they got to see him.
TJ can't get enough of little Isaiah.
And neither can I!
Nothing is more precious than a newborn baby.
I cherish every single second and wish that it lasted longer,
trying to capture every moment in my memory and hope it lasts forever.
We are all so in love with this perfect little gift from above!

















No comments:
Post a Comment