Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Some Things Funny

Due to recent occurences.....I've been reminded that I need to get another post on my blog. Since I still don't have my photos from Easter downloaded onto the computer, I'll just skip that post by saying that we had a very Happy Easter, and get right to the funny stuff:

Every time I get cupcake sprinkles, Nathan finds them and eats the whole container. So, this time I tried to hide them under my other spices so he wouldn't find them. But today, he did and quickly ran to his room with them. I wasn't sure what he'd ran off with at first, but after finding the evidence of a removed container seal and a blue sprinkle stuck to his wet chin, I realized what he was hiding in there. But before I could get to them, he had relocated them to his Iron Man lunch bag. So, I approached him with the following interrogation:
Me: "Nathan, what are you eating?"
Nathan: "Nothing."
Me: "Did you take the sprinkles?"
Nathan: "No."
Me: "Then what did this seal come from?"
Nathan: "Uh. Uh. Um. The Cinn-mim."
Me: "Where are the sprinkles, Nathan?"
Nathan: "Not in my bag." (Holding the bad tightly against his body with a very guilty grin on his face.)
So, I decided to wait him out, letting him carry the bag around until he thought he'd convinced me they weren't in there, while I busied myself in the kitchen, keeping an eye on him. So he carried it around in the living room, playing trains with a little girl I babysit. Once he sat it down, I walked over to retrieve the sprinkles from it, when I was caught by surprise...somehow, they had quietly snuck a bronze blush makeup packet (which must have been in the 2 yr. old's diaper bag) past me and were now giggling and rubbing it all over my coffee table and carpet! Ahhh! I dropped the lunch bag at once and hurried both of them to the bathroom to wash their bronzed hands and arms, getting a nice big bronze hand print on my white sweater in the process! Then I returned to the stained carpet and table, scrubbing with all my might, while memories of the spilt gallon of milk in Philadelphia flashed through my mind. Meanwhile, Nathan had ran to another room with the little girl, and by the time I had finished scrubbing the carpet & table clean, I discovered the bathroom door locked and colorful sprinkles spilling out from under the door. So I grabbed the mini screwdriver and unlocked the door, only to find the little girl splashing in a toilet of green sprinkle tinted water, Nathan hiding under the sink cupboard---guilty as can be, and both them and the entire bathroom (which I had just cleaned this morning) covered in not one, but three bottles of sprinkles!!!! Red, Green & Rainbow Sprinkles! Ahhhh! Again, I rushed both of them to the sprinkled covered sink, washing them off, then Nathan ran to the laundry room and hid in the dryer (we had a talk about that later), while I cleaned the bathroom again, cursing the inventor of cupcake sprinkles! As soon as I was done, it was time to pick up Trever, so I scooped up the kids and rushed out the door. What a day! And all because of those crazy little sprinkles! It will be a long long time before I buy sprinkles again. Luckily, no major damage was done, though. So now I can laugh about it. haha

And here are a few more funnies from the boys:

At home...
Trever: "Mom, can I have five dollars?"
Me: "No."
Trever: "Please. I'll ground myself for a week."
Me: "No."
Trever: "Please. I'll put myself in 'time out' for a full hour."
Me: "Why do you think punishing yourself with earn you five dollars?"
Trever: "I just want five dollars."

Dinnertime...
Me: "If you're hungry and you know it, sit at the table."
Trever: "And if you're sexy and you know it, keep it to yourself."
Me: "What?!?!"
Trever: "What? I thought you knew about that."
TJ: (laughing) "It's from a song."
During dinner, Trever singing: "I'm sexy and I know it..."
Me: "You know you shouldn't say that word, don't you?"
Trever: "I know. But sometimes kids still sing it at school. But when I tell them what it means, they lock it right off. I mean, knock it right off."
Me: "So what do you tell them it means?"
Trever: "That you want to kiss girls....Or boys, if you're a girl."

After Preschool....
Nathan: "Mom, I have a girlfriend."
Me: "Really? What's her name?"
Nathan: "I can't tell you."
Me: "Well, what did you do with her today?"
Nathan: "I was sitting by her and I was a Super Hero and she was a girl getting attacked and I saved her!"
Me: "So, is she cute? Is she pretty?"
Nathan: "No. She's pretty and not cute. She's big. Duh..."

In the car....
Nathan: "I hate little kids."
Me: "Nathan, you are a little kid."
Nathan: "No I'm not! I'm a big boy. I'm half teenager, half boy."
Trever: "Nathan, you've only been alive for four years...that's not very long. I've been alive for six years. Now, that's a long time."
After a moment...
Trever: "I have a good brain. But because I've been alive for so long, it's hard to remember things from when I was younger. But when I was younger, I remembered it better...."

At home....
Me: "Trever, it's time to do your reading."
Trever: "I don't like reading. I like video games. Video games rule! They're better than anything!.......except Jesus....and football."

After Preschool....
Me: "Nathan, what was your snack for preschool today?"
Nathan: "Crackers and Jelly Beans."
Me: "Wow. That sounds yummy. Who brought that?"
Nathan: "My girlfriend. Isabella."

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Shilowe, your kids are SO hilarious. I was reading your blog and I was laughing right out loud all alone in my room. The girls heard me so they came in to see what was going on so I read the blog out loud to them-I had to stop and catch my breath a few times from laughing so hard. The girls laughed SO HARD! Please keep posting these hilarious stories, we LOVE them!!