Friday, February 17, 2012

My Funny Valentine's

Trever & Nathan were so excited for Valentine's Day to come! Trever had a big class party to look forward to, and Nathan knew we were going to have a family party with prizes involved---say no more, he couldn't contain his anxiety!
Finally, Valentine's morning came! (lol) Trever practically skipped and whistled his way to school, while Nathan spent the day, prancing around, singing "It's Valentine's Day. I love you...."-type songs.
Nathan caught me by surprise by his overly romantic attitude that day, constantly saying things like:
"Mom, I love you,"
"Mom, you're my Valentine,"
"Mom, do you know why you're lucky? 'Cuz you have Me!"
"Mom, I'm your gift!"
And, to our Lucy dog: "Lucy, Happy Valentine's Day! It's Valentine's Day right now!"
Haha.
He was definitely caught up in the theme of the day.
After Trever came home from school, both boys were buzzing with excitement (and a literal 'sugar buzz' from all the Valentine's treats Trever brought home from class and very sweetly shared with his little brother. aww.)
They even turned on the stereo, which was already set with a Harry Connick Jr. CD, fittingly; and began dancing around the house together. Too Cute!
A few cheek kisses were even exchanged!
I swear those boys must have been hit with Cupid's arrows! 
After too long, they bored from dancing,
and became "Tim Tebow" football stars,
running around with their footballs,
and only stopping to pose in the famous Tebow style:
While the boys played,
I was busy with the decorations and cooking. 
I kept the decorating simple,
and kid friendly,
enjoying the beautiful bouquet of roses
that TJ had given me. ~so sweet~
Of course, Trever's class Valentine's projects became part of the decor, too.
Trever wrote a Valentine's card for TJ and I. Oh, and the reason why he loves me?
Because: I make the best brownies.
hahaha. Good to know.
TJ's schedule is different every day. He was hoping to make it home by 5:30 pm that night, since it was Valentine's Day. But then he called @ 5:30 to tell me that he wouldn't make it until 7 pm, since his last patient had some complications.
Of course, the boys weren't about to wait that long,
so we started dinner while we were waiting for TJ. 
On the menu:
Heart-shaped chicken patties & Jello,
peas, and french fries. All things our boys love to eat. 
Oh, and goblets of grape juice, too.
To which Trever exclaimed the following:
"Now I definitely feel like I'm at a restaurant,"
& "It feels like we're rich right now!"
haha. I guess I'll have to pull out the grape juice in goblets more often! 
Still, waiting for TJ, the boys could hardly contain themselves. Earlier that day, I had been at the dollar store with Nathan and he wanted a toy there. So I finally consented, explaining that he had to pretend he didn't know about it and I would 'gift' it to him at the party that night. He eagerly accepted the deal, and picked out a toy for Trever too. It was supposed to be a secret, but as soon as we picked up Trever from school, Nathan told him exactly what we had got for him. Of course! So anyway, the boys were still super excited to open their gifts, but they had to wait until TJ came home. They were dying to open them! So, to keep them distracted, we played our favorite family game:
Hide-and-go-seek. 
Finally, TJ got home and the boys ripped their gifts open! 
After things calmed down, we did some Valentine's activities....
~
We filled out service coupons for each other: 
We filled out Valentine's cards for each other: 
We had a "chopsticks and candy hearts" race: 
(The boys really got into it.) 
We played Valentine's Day BINGO. 
(Always a favorite.) 
And we took pictures of each other with our "Valentine's": 


One week before Valentine's Day,
TJ and I celebrated our 8th year Anniversary.
As I reflected on those eight years and the life we've built together,
I realized how much deeper our love has grown.
What started as a crazy, head-over-heals, silly-excited,--- 
I-can't-believe-how-in-love-I-am, romantic beginning;
has evolved into a genuine, I-can't-live-without-you,---
soul-mate, you-are-my-world, loving companionship....
that still gives me butterflies! 
~growing happier, ever after~

3 comments:

Jaimason, Candice, & Ave McReynolds said...

Ha ha ha ha! "Now I feel rich!" You are such a super Mom, I wish I was at your sweet party! Cute lil lover boys, you better watch out when they start liking girls ha ha ha! LOVE this post!

Sierra Parke said...

Shilowe! It's so fun catching up on your blog! What a fun Valentine's Day you all had!! The boys look SO big...oh my goodness. You just have the cutest family ever:) Glad you guys are doing so well!

Rana said...

so cute!!!! we always drink out of martini and wine glasses when we drink Martinellis and juice! lol.. jaydon and andee even have their own plastic ones to use while us grownups drink out of our glass ones. it IS so much fun!!! such a cute day you had. i love how you always do those cute parties for occasions, must get that from your mamma!! lol. all we did was riley got sushi and greek yogurt and we watched the colony on netflix. (if you have netflix you should watch it!!) lol... but it was way fun still!