Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's Up

Hello!
What have we been up to?
Well, all sorts of random stuff.
TJ has been helping me teach the "Sunbeams" in Primary, since I got a fresh batch of 3 year old's at the start of this year. They are SUCH a handful! But TJ is great with them---give him a bottle of bubbles and he becomes the "Toddler Whisperer!" hahaha
Having TJ help me in Primary also means that our whole family is in Primary together, which keeps Trever & Nathan always on their best behavior. ~wink, wink~
Our Primary is doing a fun activity this year which involves each of the kids taking turns to bring home "CTR Samuel." Then, the kids are supposed to "Choose The Right" with the little paper doll and then share their experience with the rest of the Primary group on Sunday.
So, Trever choose to teach Family Home Evening with his CTR Samuel:
It has been so rewarding to watch him become such a great kid. Two months ago, he turned to us in Sacrament Meeting and told us he wanted to bear his testimony. So, he walked up and did---all by himself!
TJ and I were beaming with pride for our little boy! Then, again, last Sunday, he walked on up and shared his testimony again! It is such a special experience to watch our son's testimony grow, and it makes us so grateful to be able to raise our kids in the Gospel.
~
After Trever's wonderful Family Home Evening lesson,
we played our traditional "Hide & Go Seek"..... 
I LOVE playing this game with them!
They crack me up! 
~surprise~
~
And, on another crazier note: 
I caught the boys playfully "boxing" on their bed, the other day.
HAHAHA
Look at those skinny kids!
Nathan was SUCH a butterball baby and toddler, that I never pictured he'd become such a twig!!! 
~pretty scary, huh?~
~
Okay, back to a more "spiritual" note, again.
My Aunt Krista lives about 10 minutes from the Denver temple and has been so gracious to allow TJ and I to attend the temple, while she and her family watch our boys.
It has been so wonderful to attend the temple here, and also to get to know my Aunt Krista and her family better. They are so fantastic! We just love them! 
Isn't it so pretty?!
Nathan wanted to go swimming in the fountain,
but it was only around 40 degrees, outside.
Brrrr! So that was a big NO. haha 
He was pretty upset about that. But he was also have a rough day, anyway...he was fighting a cold and needing a nap. So, there was no way I was getting smiles out that gruff little guy. 
Trever seized the moment to show what an "angel" he was being.
haha....little stinker.... 
He really does love his brother, though.
~
Okay, this one's HUGE for me:
Nathan started Preschool at our local elementary today!
I had contacted the school in January to ask whether they accepted 5 year olds into their preschool program (intending to enroll Nathan in preschool this coming fall.) Instead, they recommended seeing him and evaluating him, to make a better decision about his educational needs. So, we went through the evaluation process and yesterday, in his final meeting, they announced that he is definitely ready for Kindergarten next fall, and is also eligible to start preschool right now---to prepare him for the transition and also to monitor him and determine what needs he may have, entering Kindergarten.
So, this morning, I brought my sweet little "angel"--- (he posed like this on his own, taking notes from Trever's earlier pose...haha)---to his first day of SCHOOL!
He just dived right in, playing with the other kids, hardly noticing my presence. And as I forced myself to finally say Good-Bye, he didn't even care that I was leaving!
I cannot tell you how hard it was for me to leave my little Nathan there alone, under someone else's watch, not knowing how he'd do, without me there to make sure he was hearing everything he needed to hear, and trying to adjust to the new noises and commotion, and curious kids who want to know what's on his head or why his ears look different.
It was SO hard for me! 
But I did it! I cut the cord! (finally)
And when I picked him up, he was just as happy as when I'd left!
His teacher said he did just fine and that he was such a nice boy---a peacemaker, even!
Whew!
It'll still take me time to adjust to the fact that Nathan doesn't need me as much as I think he does. And I know I'll still worry about him, every day. But I know he needs this time away from me, to learn how to cope in a school setting, on his own.
He really impressed me today, when I picked him up and he was so confident and proud of himself.
He is such a strong spirit, and I feel so humbled and honored to raise such a brave soul. I know I'll always learn so much from him.
~
Lastly,
We got a new car! 
After much searching, we found a 2005 Chevy Impala for a great price!
We have been needing to update our second car, and this opportunity was too great to pass up.
So, here it is!
~
And, that's what we've been up to.

No comments: