Monday, September 19, 2011

A Day for Kids

We had ran into a series of ho-hum days for a while there, but last Saturday, the boys and I happened to stumble across a "Day for Kids" in Loveland. It was a free! outdoor activity day just for kids! There was SO much to do and the boys only did about 1/3 of what was there before they were all tuckered out.
~
A free dance lesson:
Animal and Insect sculpting out of pipe cleaners:
 Hockey puck shooting:
 The boys thought they were pretty cool stuff...
 A Bouncy House:
 A meeting with the Star Wars characters: (Trever & Nathan's favorite part of the day.)
A Big Bouncy Slide:
(And my most stressful part of the day.)
Nathan being "rescued" by the slide worker:
 "It was too scary," Nathan explained once he was safe on solid ground again. Of course, I felt bad, since I had assumed he was just being a tease by staying up there---knowing he's gone down these slides before. But apparently this one was scarier than the others.
 Gymnastics tumbling:
 I tried twice to capture the boys in-the-air after jumping on the mini-trampoline. But both times, I clicked too soon....oh well. haha
 Sand Fun:
They spent a long time here....which baffled me, since they'd never spend this much time in the sand whenever I took them to the beach.
 Before we left, Trever decided he really wanted a face painting. I had pointed out the face painting booth when we first arrived and they were uninterested. But after meeting the Star Wars guys, Trever really wanted a Star Wars guy painted on his cheek.
 But he ended up with Spider Man, since the face painter was baffled by the request for a Star Wars guy. Apparently she wasn't familiar with what they looked like....? But Trever was happy with his Spider Man, anyway.
 Nathan was much more interested in playing than getting his face painted. So they played a while longer, and then we headed home.
Although TJ was unable to join us, it turned out to be a fun day. The boys loved all the activities and I loved having them entertained for me...for free!
Nothing's better than seeing my little guys smile!

No comments: