Sunday, July 24, 2011

Park City

This past week, the boys and I made a trip to the scenic mountain town of Park City, UT.
 It all came about pretty sudden....My sister offered to give me her old car, and my parents had planned a trip to Park City, then I found cheap plane tickets from Denver to Salt Lake, so my parents drove down my sister's old car, and the boys and I met them by plane....
 I wondered how our plane ride would go, since the small plane we boarded only seated two passengers on each side---which meant the boys were alone with their DVD player while I sat across the aisle, trying my best to keep them under control.  They didn't do too bad--no fights--BUT Nathan did NOT want to keep his seat belt on. I spent the whole flight leaning across the aisle, saying "Put your seat belt on," over and over again. Oh, and see that white paper bag on Nathan's lap? That's a barf bag. As soon as he sat in his seat, Nathan pulled the bag out of the chair-pocket, opened it, looked in side, and then emptied his toys into it. He carried that thing around all week! Just the fact that it was a barf bag sicked me out. But he loved it! haha
~
Anyway, we spent the rest of the week with my parents, and also my sister and her family who drove down later, in the beautiful mountains of Utah. 
Since my parents' hotel was at the base of a ski mountain, one of our first activities was taking a hike up the ski hill.

 The boys had fun picking up rocks and a random golf ball, and even saw a deer cross our path.


 Of course, we had to check out the local playgrounds, too.
 The boys were all over this "Spiderman" web!

                                       Their cutie pie cousin, Ave, joined them on the tire swing.
 At the other end of the park, we passed these giant welded-fish statues, while heading to the one-of-a-kind "Sound Park" made out of old metal car parts, ect.....


 My lovely sister Candice and her darling daughter Ave.
Our boys adore them both!
            When we weren't out and about, the boys had a lot of fun at the hotel with Ave. This picture is actually a rare sight---the three of them sitting down at once---since most of the time they were running around chasing each other and laughing and squealing and just having fun together.
~
One day, we caught the bus to go to a local farmer's market.
 Trever wasn't in the best mood, since we had to wait--what felt like forever to him--for the bus to come. But after some creamy, cool ice cream at the farmer's market, he was as happy as could be. 
                                                                 I love farmer's markets!
 ~
Another fun thing we did was go to an outdoor concert.
 The weather was perfect, the music was great, but Trever was feeling under the weather, so we missed the second half of it, and I took him back to the hotel to get some much needed rest. We were just having too much fun! But after a good night's rest, he was feeling much better the next day, so....
~
We made a trip to Salt Lake City. 
 We stopped at the Oriental markets, which we love, to pick up one of our favorite drinks....
 Bubble Tea! (It's actually just a smoothie with over-sized Tapioca balls and lots of cool whip, but they call it tea, since it's a drink I guess...) But anyway, they're delicious and fun to eat. Well, Trever thought so. When Nathan felt a large squishy tapioca ball shoot up the straw, he froze, spit the ball on the ground and said, "I don't wike da bubbles!" It was SO funny!
~
We also joined our parents at a fun little Mexican restaurant, so I had them take a picture of us.
 hahaha...I don't know what I'm gonna do with these crazy kids! They're so into posing with these funny finger signs! I looked at this photo after my parents took it and thought, "Oh boy, I am in over my head!" But I love it! They've got me wrapped around their little fingers!
~
We had so many good times---way more than I took photos of---and I'm so glad that we got to spend some time with my family that I had really been missing so much. But the week finally came to an end and it was time to drive my new, old car home to Colorado.(Thanks, Candice!)
So I put these silly boys in the car and we drove 10 hours through the long, long, long Wyoming stretch. They actually did surprisingly well! Better than our last drive through Wyoming. Of course, I stopped every hour and a half to keep them happy and let some of that energy out. One of our stops was at this gas station with the old western background. I thought it was a perfect similarity to long, old, dry state of Wyoming. 
I am so glad that drive is over! It was a long day. But, thankfully, all went well and we arrived home happily and eager to see TJ and our little Lucy dog.

No comments: