Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inside & Outside...

What we've been up to....
~
INSIDE:
 When I've got inside chores to do, the boys make themselves busy with toys, books, movies and--most recently--play dough. My sister-in-law made this very boy-ish play dough for them and they love it! It's camouflage-colored, it smells really good, and it's super soft.
 I just had to grab my camera last time they were playing with it because it was so funny to me the way they work with the dough. See what I mean? That's definitely a boy thing! haha!
~
OUTSIDE:
 We've also recently discovered that the grass outside of our apartment is full of FROGS!!! Little baby frogs. They're actually pretty cute, although I still don't like touching them.
 The boys LOVE touching them, though. They've gotten really good at catching them, too!
    Pretty cute, huh?
    Yep, the boys love their new little pets. But I have a few rules: Wash your hands after playing with the frogs; No frogs in the house and No frogs after dark. I didn't want to find a box of dead frogs in the morning, but the boys were having a hard time parting with them. Trever would sadly say, "Saying Good-Bye to those frogs is the hardest thing I've ever done." While Nathan would just scream and cry like he was losing his best friend. So.....one night, after the boys were asleep, I wrote this letter and put it in the "frog box" after letting the frogs go:
I was curious to see the boys' reaction the next morning. Trever figured out my hand-writing and also KNEW that frogs can't write letters. But he was cool with keeping my secret. Nathan, well, he was still sad to see the frogs gone. But he put on a brave face and was really quite compassionate about the frogs' request. So, every night since, he's been really good about letting the frogs go back to the grass for the night.  Of course, both boys still get a little sad about it, but they know it's for the frogs' own good.
~

No comments: