On Monday, May 16, 2011, TJ became Doctor Martin!
I am so proud of him! He's finally finished studying all hours of the day, taking exams every week, going to class, working in clinic and traveling for externships. We are so relieved! It's been a long journey, a lot of sacrifice and an incredible adventure. Now, we look forward to another adventure in Colorado where TJ will be working as a Podiatry resident in Greeley, Denver, Fort Collins, and Loveland. He'll be working some pretty heavy hours, but at least he won't have to study in the evenings like he did during med. school. The boys and I are really excited that he won't be "married to his books" anymore. haha. TJ has been such an amazing example to us of determination, dilligence, persistence, sacrifice and good old fashioned hard work. He managed to balance his work load at med. school with his family life at home and service at church. Amazing!
I feel so blessed to be called his wife.
~
Then, yesterday was Trever's 6th Birthday.
The night before, I felt a little sad knowing that my 5 year old was growing up. I asked him for one last hug as a 5 year old and he gave me the longest, tightest hug that nearly squeezed the tears right out of me...because I realized my dear sweet little boy is growing up and there's nothing I can do about it. I guess I've been a little sentimental lately. I looked through his baby photos a couple days ago, and my heart ached to hold my baby Trever again. He's just growing SO fast! But I am so very proud of him. He's growing up to be such a great kid. He is so caring and sharing with his little brother, always teaching him new tricks and things he learns from school. He is so eager to choose the right and help whomever he can. He loves learning and trying new things. And he's always so determined to do his very best at all he attempts.
I feel so blessed to have him in my life!
I am so proud of him! He's finally finished studying all hours of the day, taking exams every week, going to class, working in clinic and traveling for externships. We are so relieved! It's been a long journey, a lot of sacrifice and an incredible adventure. Now, we look forward to another adventure in Colorado where TJ will be working as a Podiatry resident in Greeley, Denver, Fort Collins, and Loveland. He'll be working some pretty heavy hours, but at least he won't have to study in the evenings like he did during med. school. The boys and I are really excited that he won't be "married to his books" anymore. haha. TJ has been such an amazing example to us of determination, dilligence, persistence, sacrifice and good old fashioned hard work. He managed to balance his work load at med. school with his family life at home and service at church. Amazing!
I feel so blessed to be called his wife.
~
Then, yesterday was Trever's 6th Birthday.
The night before, I felt a little sad knowing that my 5 year old was growing up. I asked him for one last hug as a 5 year old and he gave me the longest, tightest hug that nearly squeezed the tears right out of me...because I realized my dear sweet little boy is growing up and there's nothing I can do about it. I guess I've been a little sentimental lately. I looked through his baby photos a couple days ago, and my heart ached to hold my baby Trever again. He's just growing SO fast! But I am so very proud of him. He's growing up to be such a great kid. He is so caring and sharing with his little brother, always teaching him new tricks and things he learns from school. He is so eager to choose the right and help whomever he can. He loves learning and trying new things. And he's always so determined to do his very best at all he attempts.
I feel so blessed to have him in my life!
1 comment:
Congrats to TJ and you! Residency will go by so fast! And Happy Birthday to Trever.
Post a Comment