Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chilly Day S'mores

April 29, 2011:

LOL! We awoke that Friday morning to a good 3 inches of snow. I wasn't at all surprised,  being from Idaho and having seen it snow on my birthday in the middle of June before. I just sighed, while I pulled out Trever's snow gear again.  Trever, of course, was overjoyed: "I hope recess lasts all day today so we can play in the snow!" he said.
It didn't, however, and the snow was nearly all melted by late afternoon.
~
Our Spring has been a cold one. The average tempertature is around 50 degrees, lately. But I try not to complain, since I'd much rather endure a cold spring than any of the tragic natural disasters that have recently occured in other parts of the world. It's so sad to hear about people who've lost their homes and loved ones, and makes me so grateful for what I do have.
~
Sometimes I still catch myself grumbling over another cloudy day, though. But, thankfully, TJ is so great at going out and enjoying the day, despite the cool temperature. The day after I took the above photo, TJ decided we ought to make S'mores. And since we had plenty of Easter treats from the recent holiday, I suggested a little experiement...

We'd use our chocolate Easter bunnies and our marshmallow Peeps with the graham crackers.




Well, it was a nice thought, but the Peeps turned out to be a big flop.
oops! haha

In no time, we had the good-ol'-fashioned white marshmallows on the ends of our willow sticks and roasting over the fire pit.



The chocolate bunny still came in handy, though.
Nothing beats a classic S'more!
~
And nothing beats the cloudy day blues like getting out and enjoying the day, anyway!
I guess you could say:
"When life gives you lemons, make S'more's!"
hahaha

No comments: