Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Little Ladies Man

Trever has made so many new friends in Kindergarten this year. His best friends are three boys in his class and a girl named Emma. A couple weeks ago, he started telling me that Emma's birthday was on that Friday. He really wanted to give her a gift, so I helped him make some bracelets and a flower hair barrette:
 I used my little engraver (that I bought at a dollar store!) to engrave Emma's name on a silver disk for one of the bracelets, but Trever strung the beads on by himself. 
 He also made her a really sweet little card to go with his gift.
As soon as we'd finished, he couldn't wait to drive over and give Emma her gift.
So, I called her mom and we drove over to their house. As soon as they opened the door, Emma came running toward Trever and gave him a great big hug! (It was so cute!)
So, he gave her the gift, acting all casual, and told her Happy Birthday and we left.
He's such a funny little guy!
~
A week later, I found this paper in his folder, with some numbers written on it:
Me: "What are these numbers for, Trever?
Trever: "Oh, that's Aubree's phone number."
Me: "Why did you get her phone number."
Trever: "Well, she put it on my paper cuz she wants me to come play at her house."
Me: "Oh..."
My little Casanova! I'm getting the feeling that he's pretty popular with the little ladies. Whenever I ask him about recess, he says, "I just got chased my girls again." I guess kiss tag is a pretty popular game for his class. Apparently, the girls are the chasers and kissers and the boys are always running away.  One day, Trever came home from school and said, "Well, today I found out that I'm the leader of the boys at recess. And Lucy's the leader of the girls." This Lucy is the main kisser, too, he's told me. But the kissers get in trouble if the playground "duty" catches them. LOL!!!! I just get the biggest kick out of these stories!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Shilowe,
Your boys crack me up! I love that phone number. It made me laugh that there is a dash in the phone number but is in the totally wrong place....SO CUTE!

emily a. said...

That is so stinkin' cute Shilowe.