Sunday, May 17, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TREVER!

Today is Trever's official 4th Birthday. Yesterday, I asked Trever what he'd like to eat for his birthday dinner and this is the menu he quickly responded with: "Cupcakes, marshmallows, S'mores, hot dogs and cake!" He responded with such certainty and enthusiasm that I had to laugh.

I also asked him if he knew how old he would turn on his birthday and he said, "Yes, I'm gonna turn four. But I want to stay three."
"Why do you want to stay three?" I asked.
"Because I don't want my voice to change," he said, very worried.
I laughed and assured him that his voice would stay the same. So this morning, he woke up and said, "Mom! I'm happy to be four and I still have my same voice!"
Ha ha ha! I don't know what ever entered his mind to make him think his voice was going to change. I guess someday, he really will face that reality. But I'm not ready for that, yet, either! I just want to enjoy my sweet and funny four year old boy. Happy Birthday, son, Momma loves you!

7 comments:

Sierra Parke said...

Happy 4th Birthday Trever!!!!!! We miss you sooo much and Tennyson can't wait to see you soon!

Elaine said...

Was the watermelon the cake? I love it!

The Schexnayders said...

Thats a very cute picture. Happy Birthday Trever!

Patty Sampson said...

Happy birthday Trevor! I love that he is already worried about puberty. He cracks me up! And way to go if you convinced him that watermelon is really cake! :) We have friends who taught their daughter that Nutrigrain bars were cookies. It worked for a while...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV!!!!

I'm glad you turned four! Shi- he is a big boy!

Suzette said...

Happy Birthday Trever. We love you and had such a great time playing with you. We hope it won't be too long before we get to see you again.

mallena said...

Happy Birthday Trevor! I'm also glad you're four and your voice didn't change. ;) What a great looking cake!