Last Thursday it started snowing.
And it didn't stop until Friday night.
So there was no school Friday.
The roads are terrible, too, because we got about 2 feet of snow over those two days and nobody plows the roads here! LITTERALLY! I've never seen worse roads!
Apparently, this is an unusual amount of snow for the area, so they are neither equipped nor prepared for blizzards like this.
"USUALLY, it doesn't snow very often and when it does, it's not a lot, and then it melts the next day...and USUALLY it doesn't ever get this cold..." is what everyone keeps telling us.
Well, so much for moving to BETTER weather! HA!
Okay, now that I'm done venting....
I must admit, it IS really beautiful.
I am always enchanted by the season's first snow fall.
~
And I am always filled with gratitude for a warm home.
We even spent the weekend building up a pretty decent food storage.
[(Finally!) Aren't you proud of me, Mom and Dad?! ;) ]
So now I am grateful for the peace of mind that comes from knowing we can stay right where we are, avoiding those nasty roads, and still have meals on the table.
~
I'm also grateful to share this white winter weather with my little buddies.
When Isaiah first saw the snow on Thursday,
he pointed out the glass doors and said, "MOM! UH OH! UH OH, MOM!"
I laughed and opened the door, a gust of crispy cold air rushed in, and took us back a step, then I reached down and swiped some snow onto my fingertip to show him. He touched it and said, "EWW!!" hahaha... But then he bent down, swiped his own finger-full and marveled at the magical white stuff until he realized how cold it had made his finger. So I directed him to the towel, where he wiped his finger and then eagerly looked up at me and said "MORE?" So we repeated the process a few more times until he decided his finger was too cold to continue.
~
After the older boys came home from school that day,
they bundled up to go outside and play in the new snow.
It's so funny to me, that the first thing they always do when it snows is run outside and lay in it!
But, then again, I think that's what I did when I was little, too. Kids are weird...haha...j/k.
They had a lot of fun...playing until dark...
...while poor little Isaiah watched from the glass doors.
He didn't have any snow pants or boots or even a good coat!
We hadn't anticipated this much snow, yet!
~
The next morning, IRONICALLY,
both boys got up and dressed for school in record time
and with uncommonly cheerful attitudes, too!
Only to find out that school had been cancelled that day! Woo Hoo!
So they packed on their snow clothes again and spent the day outside.
When I went to check on them that afternoon,
the weren't in the backyard.
So I looked out front...
and they were shoveling the driveway!
That was a pleasant surprise!
They spent over half an hour shoveling away,
before they couldn't resist playing around again.
Isaiah put on his little red Elmo shoes, begging to go out,
so I let him watch the boys for a bit before coming back inside.
Not to worry, though, TJ went to the store after work and bought Isaiah all the winter clothes he needed, plus sleds for each of the boys! So after he came home, he took the older boys sledding! Isaiah and I would have joined them, but he was taking his nap and they were too excited to wait.
hahaha...snow days are always so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment