Hello Again!
I just love all the fun we've been having this fall!
Since my last post....
TJ and I got new bikes!
And FINALLY got to go on our FIRST family bike ride!!
We didn't get very far before Trever got a flat tire, but TJ fixed that in no time and we ended up finding a pretty little stop near the canal...
And then we rode to the park and played a fun game of family tag!
The weather has cooled down, but not enough to keep us from enjoying the outdoors together!
~
I also got to take some new photos of the boys in the backyard:
~
And finally got my house decorated for Halloween:
I also got to decorate our Trunk a few nights before Halloween for our ward's "Trunk or Treat" night and I even won an award for it--a dozen donuts! Yum!
~
Then Halloween night arrived!
And so did my parents!
It was so fun to have them join us in carving pumpkins!
hahaha...Trever was so proud of his puking pumpkin!
Isaiah was feeling the itch to Trick or Treat...
And Nathan was stocking up on "Emergency Candy" before heading out for the night! hahaha!
They were SO excited to get their costumes on and start Trick or Treating!
But while they were waiting to go,
Isaiah got into the candy bowl...
but was soon distracted by the excitement of a
Halloween package from Grandma & Grandpa Martin!
And then, it was finally time to go!
Isaiah went with them, up and down a few streets, and then TJ
brought him back and just took the older boys out to the rest of the neighborhood.
He was happy with his collection of treats and spent the rest of the evening with me and my parents. I was so glad they were here to play cards with and snack on popcorn while I passed out candy to the Trick or Treaters. We had a such a fun weekend with them!
~
At the beginning of this past week,
Nathan was having some real trouble with the skin around his hearing aid implant,
so he stayed home from school and from basketball practice for a few days,
until we got the bleeding to stop.
While he was home from Bball practice one night,
I pulled out some paints and let him and Isaiah release their inner artists!
They REALLY got into it!
And I ended up scrubbing that floor for a looooong time.
But I'm glad Nathan had so much fun.
And I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.
His bleeding has stopped and the skin is healing again, he's back in school, and was even able to play in his basketball game yesterday! We are all very grateful!
~
This last weekend, we also got to have the pleasure of TJ's parents' company!
They came to see Trever and Nathan play their basketball game yesterday and it was so nice to have them over for the weekend! After the game that day, we also went to the "Birds of Prey" exhibit in Boise!
It was such a pretty day!
The view of eagles devouring their dinner, though---not so pretty! haha!
The boys thought it was awesome!
But not as awesome as their grandpa dressing up as an eagle!
We all had such a fun time, with hands-on learning and plenty to look at and learn from.
It was amazing to see how big the birds actually are, up close!
This goofy California Condor was taking in the sun's rays...haha...it was so much bigger than it looks in this photo! Really a fun place to visit! We'll be making that an annual visit, for sure!
~
We have had so much fun over the past two weekends with both TJ's and my parents visiting!
And we can't wait to come home and see everyone else for Thanksgiving soon!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment