Tuesday, September 9, 2014

State Fair Fun!

Labor Day weekend gave us the perfect excuse to drive over to East Idaho to spend some time with family and visit the East Idaho State Fair.
~
This year at the fair, it was all about the rides!
The boys look so big in this picture,
but they're still young enough to enjoy the classic carousel ride.
Last time we went to the State Fair (4 years ago!), the boys were too small to ride most of the rides. But they've grown so much since then, that they could ride almost everything this year! 
The fun house was their favorite.
They went through it 3 or 4 times! 
The Big Slide is always a classic! 
(Trever & Nathan are on the far right.)
My brother and his family joined us at the fair,
and the boys' cousin Jaydon got to ride a lot of rides with them.
Poor little Andylin was too small for a lot of them,
but she was still a good sport to watch the big boys have fun. 
Isaiah was a good sport, too!
Definitely too small for the rides,
but he got to ride on TJ's shoulders all afternoon! 
This was the scariest ride of the day.
Nathan just barely made the height requirement,
and they were eager to ride their first real scary ride.
The boys were getting nervous while I snapped this photo.
Then the ride took off,
going faster and faster and faster!!!
The boys were screaming with excitement,
and TJ and I were laughing while we watched them all bunch to the side.
But then panic struck when we saw Nathan sliding UNDER the bar!!!
I was frozen in fear as I watched him try to get back on his seat,
so scared that he was going to fall off the ride!!!
Thankfully, the ride slowed down to a stop,
and the boys hopped off with big grins!
TJ and I were pretty shaken up by Nathan's close call,
and made sure the rides were well within his height limit from then on. 
The boys had a great day,
riding all the rides they could handle. 
While I watched them on each ride,
I remembered my own childhood times at the fair,
of all the excitement and new experiences, riding rides and feeling so carefree.
Those were the days!
I'm glad we get to share times like that with our kids now.
They rode a lot more rides than I took pictures of,
and our feet were pretty sore from walking all day,
but we all had smiles on our faces and new memories to share.

No comments: